Sticky muffins!

twinsforus, Mar 22, 8:09am
Why do my muffins go sticky after one day? I follow the recipe, cook according to instructions and allow to cool completely before putting in an air-tight container. Am I expecting to much? ? Do muffins only really last a day at best?
Anyone have a proven, basic recipe that I can add fruit etc too, freeze and don't go sticky? ?
Any help much appreciated :o)

ccoffee, Mar 22, 9:53am
good question, I thought it was just me!

barloo, Mar 22, 7:23pm
use the side bar to the left and type in muffin and search:) Heaps of good ones where you can use any tinned fruit.

daydreamswindow, Mar 22, 7:27pm
One way of getting over that would be to freeze them once cool. I do that and they defrost very quickly, 20 sec. in m/wave and they are warm like straight out of the oven.

lizab, Mar 22, 7:32pm
I also always freeze muffins. I make a double batch and the whole lot goes in the freezer. Hubby and farm worker come in for morning tea, they have 6 muffins which take 3 mins on high to defrost/warm.

twinsforus, Nov 28, 4:52pm
Thanks for the replies. Always freeze when completely cold so its not that that's causing the stickiness on top.
I've tried several different recipes, some dairy free as I have a child with dairy issues, but keep getting the same thing. I just want to reach into my muffin container 2 days after I've made them and be met with nice fresh DRY muffins... . not all sticky on top :o(