Cream Cheese Icing Question

dolphin9, Aug 18, 6:42am
Have made a carrott cake with cream cheese icing, will probably be about 3 or 4 days until it's all eaten.I'd rather keep the cake in a tin as I find cakes can go a bit hard in the fridge, but wondering if the cream cheese icing will be ok for a few days out of the fridge!

stasi21, Aug 18, 7:24am
have always had the exact same dilemma myself.will be watching thread with interest.

bluecalico, Aug 18, 7:30am
I think I would make the icing maybe one day before required.as it has cream cheese in it should be kept in the fridge.in saying that, once you have iced the cake completely, it will seal it from air and so should be able to be kept in the fridge in a container without drying out.

cottagerose, Aug 18, 8:02am
Personally I keep the icing in the fridge and put it on the pieces of cake as I require them

gardie, Aug 18, 8:09am
Have left it out overnight but that is the limit.Must be keep cool too or else the icing starts to taste 'off'.Put the iced cake into a sealed container and refrigerate BUT do let it come to room temperature before serving to get the full bodied taste.

margyr, Aug 18, 8:11am
No it wont be, it will start to seperate, smell and taste off. either dont ice the cake till you want to eat it, or as others have said keep it in the fridge and take out a couple of hours before you want to eat it.

dolphin9, Aug 18, 9:17am
Thanks for all your replies :-)Will keep in cake tin in fridge, don't want to give people food poisoning

katienz11, Aug 18, 10:56pm
I think you should send the cream cheese icing to me, especially if it has lemon juice in it, and i shall take care of it for you :-D (yum)

xpatch, Aug 19, 2:12am
And I'll help look after it too (yum, yum!)

dolphin9, Aug 19, 6:42am
Have made a carrott cake with cream cheese icing, will probably be about 3 or 4 days until it's all eaten.I'd rather keep the cake in a tin as I find cakes can go a bit hard in the fridge, but wondering if the cream cheese icing will be ok for a few days out of the fridge!

gardie, Aug 19, 8:09am
Have left it out overnight but that is the limit.Must be keep cool too or else the icing starts to taste 'off'.Put the iced cake into a sealed container and refrigerate BUT do let it come to room temperature before serving to get the full bodied taste.

dolphin9, Aug 19, 9:17am
Thanks for all your replies :-)Will keep in cake tin in fridge, don't want to give people food poisoning

xpatch, Aug 20, 2:12am
And I'll help look after it too (yum, yum!)

murdoc4, Aug 20, 10:08pm
Everyone has been stressing for nothing : )If you add a tbsp of lemon juice to the mix it is fine.My carrot cake with c. cheese icing is my signature cake and lasts 5- 6 days (out of the sun) on the bench on a cake stand with lid.Have made this for years and for wedding cakes, birthdays etc. not a problem at all! Flavour does not go off at all, if anything refridgerating spoils the true flavour of the cream cheese icing.

talent.scout, Aug 20, 10:20pm
or a little brandy!