Mince - the versatile meat

bekybiscuit, Aug 3, 8:45am
What is your favourite recipefor mince?
I normally just do a stew, spag bol or make patties but am looking for other easy recipes

brish, Aug 3, 8:49am
We had tacos tonight, and I enjoy mince with rice too.

lindylambchops1, Aug 3, 8:56am
chow mien
meatloaf
chili con carne
spag bol
mince & mushrooms
savoury mince
meatballs
curry
pies
etc

jhan, Aug 3, 9:06am
Meatballs and pasta sauce on spaghetti with coleslaw.
Chow mien.
Meatloaf.
Shepherds pie.

theanimal1, Aug 3, 10:15am
Asian Meatloaf

800g minced beef
1 onion
Fresh ginger 6cm x 4cm
2 cloves garlic
1 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp oyster sauce
2 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp Asian fish sauce
Dash of sesame oil
1/2 tsp five spice powder
4 tbsp chopped coriander
1 egg
Pinch of black pepper

Preheat oven to 180 deg C place mince in mixing bowl. Peel onion, ginger and garlic and chop finely. Mix oil with the onion, ginger and garlic and put in microwave container and zap for 2 min. Allow to cool slightly. Add this to the mince with the sauces, sesame oil, 5 spice powder and chopped coriander. Beat egg and add to the mix along with the pepper. Mix all thoroughly and place into loaf tin and cook for approx 45 min. Stand for 10 min before cutting.

theanimal1, Aug 3, 10:16am
rolled meat loaf

500g mince 1 egg 1 teaspoon soy sauce 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs OR 1/2 cup rolled oats 1/2 teaspoon mixed herbs 1 small onion finely chopped FILLING 2 boiled eggs 3/4 cup grated cheese TOPPING 1/2 cup tomato sauce 1/4 cup brown sugar 1 tablespoon vinegar 1. In a large bowl beat egg and add rest of ingredients. 2. Mix thoroughly, (your hand is a good tool here). 3. Spread out a sheet of greasproof paper about 30cm x 20cm and smooth out meat mixture to fit. 4. Cut eggs in quarters longways and put in a line across long side of meat nearest you, 5. Scatter cheese over. 6. Using paper to help you, roll up meat like a sponge roll, place on a baking dish with sides seam side down. 7. Mix topping ingredients and cover loaf. 8. Bake for about 1 hour at 180º.

dec1066, Aug 3, 10:24am
Lasagne!!!!

lythande1, Aug 3, 7:09pm
meatloaf
chili con carne
spag bol
meatballs
pasties
ravioli

willman, Aug 4, 12:31am
Anyone got a good mince recipe to cook in a Crockpot,thanks.

suz71, Aug 4, 6:35am
wraps r good with mince. spag bol good in crook pot

suz71, Aug 4, 6:41am
oops thats crockpotam hungry fingers not working ha

theanimal1, Aug 7, 12:52am
Lazy Lasagne (Alsion Holst)

For 4-6 servings
LOW cook for 8-9 hours

2 cloves of garlic, peeled and chopped
1x 400g can of whole or diced tomatoes in juice
1x 300g pkt tomato soup, or tomato and onion soup mix
500g minced beef
1/2 cup tomoto paste
1 tsp each dried basil and oregano
2 tsp instant beef stock
1 cup of hot water
250 g (about 3-4 cups) small lasagne shapes or long lasagne sheets

Topping:
2 tsp cornflour
1 large egg
3/4 cup milk, sour cream or a mixture of these
1 cup of tasty cheese
paprika (optional)

Turn the slow cooker on HIGH to preheat & coat the bowl with non-stick spray.

Put the garlic & tomatoes (with any juice) into a food processor or large bowl & process or mash with a fork to break up the tomatoes. Add the soup mix, miced beef, tomato paste, herbs, stock and water, then process or mix until well combined.

Spread 1/3 of mixture evenly over the bottom of the cooker. Place half the lasgne noodles over the meat. Repeat the layering with another 1/3 of the meat mixture, then remaining lasagne then cover with last 1/3 of meat.

To make the topping, mix together the topping ingredients and pour this over the top and sprinkle with paprika if you like (optional).

Turn the slow cooker to LOW & cook for 8-9 hours. Serve with a green salad or cooked vegetables and garlic bread.

(Found this recipe posted by another member).

spongeypud

I cook up some onions till glassy then add mince and brown off, throw in lots of garlic, tinned tomatoes, and a fair bit of tom paste, and a very generous slug of red wine, then add heaps of fresh herbs (can use dried if you don't have fresh, I use rosemary, basil, oregano and marjoram) and simmer till it reduces right down, I then add grated carrots and mushrooms, and simmer till they are cooked and it is all well reduced. Meanwhile I make a heap of cheese sauce (melt butter, add flour make paste then add milk slowly while stirring to make white sauce and add grated cheese, check it tastes cheesy enough) and boil up the lasagne. Once everything is ready I layer it up meat, pasta, cheese sauce, meat, pasta, cheese sauce, meat, cheese sauce. If time permits allow it to all cool before chucking it in the oven at about 160 till the top is golden brown.

rowlf

Italian Lasagna Recipe

Ingredients

8 oz. Italian Prosciutto, chopped

8 oz. Lasagna pasta noodles, cooked

16 oz. can whole peeled tomatoes, chopped

1 cup Ricotta cheese

1 cup grated Parmesan cheese

1 lb. Mozzarella cheese, sliced thin

1 medium onion, chopped

1 lb. lean ground beef

4 tbs. fresh basil, chopped

4 cloves garlic, chopped or minced

1/4 tsp. oregano

ground black pepper

1/2 cup dry white wine

2 tbs. olive oil

fresh basil sprigs for garnish.

1) Cook pasta according to package directions or until tender but still firm. Drain, keep warm.

2) To make the sauce, in a large saucepan or cast iron skillet, over medium high high heat, saute the garlic, onion and prosciutto in the olive oil for 4 minutes. Add the lean beef, oregano, a touch of black pepper and saute 10 minutes. Add the wine and cook until the wine is almost evaporated. Add tomatoes and basil, reduce heat and simmer sauce 35 to 40 minutes or until most of the liquid has evaporated.

3) Grease a 9" x 12" or larger, baking pan. Arrange a first layer of pasta, a layer of the beef and prosciutto tomato sauce, Ricotta cheese, parmesan and mozzarella cheese. Add a second alternating layer of pasta, sauce and other ingredients. Repeat until pan is full ending up with a top layer of sauce. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and bake in a preheated oven at 400 degrees for 30 minutes. Garnish with fresh basil.

gregg74, Aug 7, 3:59am
I'm really open to all types of food but Blurgh! I hate that Lazy Lasagne recipe - something about the topping part just turns my stomach.

janny3, Dec 12, 1:22pm
Savoury mince stew is tasty w/ garlic mashed spuds.Recycled leftover mince stew into chilli beef as well.http://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/ground-beef-stew-over-garlic-mashed-potatoes/38efb5ef-54c9-41a8-a351-dbf788e9691d

davidt4, Dec 12, 7:52pm
The tomato soup component has that effect on me.