Tell me about "stack of recipes"

margyr, Jul 25, 12:28am
hi, type stack of recipes in the box on the left and then search last year. I had a look but too many to bump for you.

norse_westie, Jul 25, 1:02am
Thanks I did. So this person doesnt actually post here, just steals the content and posts it as if we are contributing to her threads on her website?And she can get away with that?

I dont mind recipes being shared around - thats the whole idea of the www. But I do object to some lowlife making out I post on their message board.

cookessentials, Jul 25, 1:47am
I understand that Trademe was looking at getting it shut down, but have heard nothing else to support that.

nfh1, Jul 25, 2:53am
Does it still go to S of R now that you have to log it to post?

buzzy110, Jul 25, 3:27am
Once upon a time someone here started a funny thread full of ridiculous recipes. A great time was had by all except some here just didn't see the joke and started to take umbrage and got all nasty so we had to stop.

The starter makes money on this site by selling advertising. Sophia (whoever) calls us all chefs. For a long time I hated giving out recipes here, but I forgot about it. Thanks for the reminder.

davidt4, Jul 25, 5:12am
How gauche.

I'd forgotten about that site too.I just had a look and it now has a few Google ads plus a link to Facebook.

So bear that in mind everyone when you are posting personal details - they could end up somewhere rather less obscure than Trademe.

..pip.., Aug 27, 3:44am
I see that this site is still going strong!

pickles7, Aug 27, 4:48am
I had an error in one of my recipe's. buzzy110.the days when you couldn't edit. I find the recipe, word for word, all over the place. I just let it be. One of those things if you cook a lot, you will see, just by reading the recipe. It has long gone, out of here. No one owns, a "recipe".
I always try a recipe, before passing comments. There are some very odd combinations, put up at times.

buzzy110, Aug 27, 4:58am
You'd be one of the good posters then who doesn't post a recipe unless you have tried and tested it yourself and not just copied and pasted from the net or, copied from recipe books but never tried.

bill241, Aug 27, 5:18am
Wow, looking at that website made my blood boil. What an absolute sh!thead. Haha, and she's got the nerve to claim copyright on it at the bottom of the page. I'll be sure to keep this in mind next time I think about posting a recipe.

bill241, Aug 27, 5:22am
You could start a thread about something innocuous like 'The best poached pears recipe EVER' and then just fill it with abuse and have it show up front and centre on her page, I guess