FUDGE

marree, Jun 22, 3:26am
Help please - does anyone have a really easy recipe for fudge? I used to use Edmonds recipe (lost the old book) and my new Edmonds book doesn't have recipe for fudge in it. I have other recipes but just want something quick & easy (a no fail one please).

valentino, Jun 22, 4:13am
Just bumped the thread "Confectionary Thread" up for you to peruse re fudges, mostly page 2....

jessie981, Jun 22, 4:32am
Microwave Fudge
500gr icing sugar
1/4c milk
1/3c cocoa
1tsp vanilla essence
100gr butter
Cook on high 3mins. Remove & stir well. Cook further 3 mins. Beat until thick. Pour into greased container & et in fridge.

Edmonds
1/2c milk
2c sugar
25gr butter
1TBSP cocoa
vanilla essence
Put milk, sugar, butter & cocoa into saucepan & bring to boil. Boil 4 mins. Remove from heat & add vanilla. Beat until thick & pour into buttered dish.
Have Edmonds Russian fudge if you want recipe.

marree, Jun 22, 6:38am
jessie981 -Thank you!Oh please also give me recipe for Russian Fudge (I'm trying to do on the sneaky... without partner knowing (let alone smelling it!) - may have to do in early hours when he's asleep!Valentino - I will go to the 'Confecionary' thread also.

jessie981, Jun 22, 6:58am
Russian Fudge
675gr sugar
1/2c milk
1/2 tin condensed milk
125gr butter
1/4tsp salt
1TBSP golden syrup
Put sugar & milk in saucepan & bring to boil, add remainder of ingredients. Boil 1/2hr stirring frequently. Beat until thick (apporx 5 mins). Pour into greased tin.
Vanilla essence & chopped nuts may be added (opt)

gardie, Jun 22, 7:22am
I always, always double this - cooking time remains the same and then pour it into a buttered roast pan.Delish.(Only make it on special occasions now though).May as well use the whole tin than have a half left over - unless you like it by the spoonfull that is.

marree, Jun 22, 7:26am
Thank you so much! Just about to dish up din din's - just to let you know - this 'fudge' thingi is a surprise anniversary thing (we do it six monthly not yearly = eek!).Put it this way - I have lovely box to fill (shoe box size) - OMG how much fudge do I have to make- what else can I put in there?- Come on please help me with some easy ideas - nothing too complicated please.

dollmakernz, Jun 22, 7:53am
Russian Fudge

Condensed milk gives this fudge extra richness.
3 cups sugar, ½cup milk, ½ x200g can condensed milk, 2 Tbsp golden syrup
125g butter, cubed. 1 tsp vanilla, ½-1 cup chopped walnuts(optional)
Combine first five ingredients in a high-heat resistant microwave (12 cup capacity) bowl or large saucepan. Microwave on high, stirring every 2 minutes or cook over moderate
heat, stirring continuously, until either mixture forms a soft ball, for about 15 minutes.
Remove from microwave oven or stovetop. Add vanilla and~wa1nuts and beat for 4-5 minutes until mixture starts to thicken. Pour quickly into 20cm pan lined with a strip ofbaking paper. Leave until firm. Tip from pan then cut into squares.

Microwave Chocolate Fudge

100g butter, cubed.¼cup milk, 2tsp vanilla essence, 4 cups sifted icing sugar,
½cup cocoa, ½-1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
Measure butter, milk, and vanilla into a microwave proof bowl. Add sifted icing sugar and cocoa. Microwave on high for 2 minutes then remove and beat until smooth. Stir in nuts if used. Pour into a loaf tin lined with greaseproof paper. Refrigerate several hours or freeze. Leave overnight for easiest cutting. Variation: Replace 1tsp vanilla with 1tsp rum essence.
Uncooked Coconut Ice
½ can sweetened condensed milk
2 cups coconut
2 cups icing sugar
1tsp vanilla
¼tsp raspberry essence
4-6 drops red food colouring

Warm can of condensed milk if cold.Measure into a fairly large bowl (or food processor bowl). Add coconut, icing sugar and vanilla. Mix with rubber scraper or metal cutting blade until combined.Remove half the mixture and press out 1cm thick on extra coconut on board. To the remaining mixture add raspberry essence if desired and enough food colouring to make a medium pink. Press over the white layer. Chill until form, 15-20minures then cut into squares

jessie981, Jun 22, 9:13am
you want baking ideas or giftie things to go in the box?

rainrain1, Oct 27, 7:41pm
Ginger Ice

2 cups sugar
1/2 cup milk
1 Tblsp golden syrup
50 grams butter
1 teasp ground ginger
Place all ingredients in pot and stir till boiling. Boil for 4 minutes (time carefully). Remove from heat and beat till thick. Pour into greased tin (20cm square) Cut while hot

margyr, Oct 27, 7:46pm
yesterday on Nigella she made, a block of choc, a tin of condensed milk 2 tablespoons of butter melted it all together and added pistachio nuts and spread it out and then cut it up, she called it Fudge and it looked easy as.

jayimu, Oct 27, 10:58pm
Recipe here: http://www.nigella.com/recipes/view/chocolate-pistachio-fudge-96I've made it before, it's very rich and you really do need to like dark chocolate. It is very easy to make, especially if your get the pistachios ready-shelled.

pheebs1, Oct 28, 12:13am
i do mine in the microwave its fool proof you must beat it with electric beaters for nearly five mins i find whipping all that air into it helps it set
3 cup sugar
200ml condensed milk
125 gm butter
1 tsp vanilla ess
1/2 cup milk
1 tbsp golden syrup
pinch salt

bang it in the microwave for 15 mins stop and stir every 3 be very careful taking it out as its super hot and use the largest bowl you can find
beat for 3-5 mins you will feel it start to thicken pour out onto baking paper in a dish makes it easier to get out
makes heaps

pheebs1 (164 )11:20 am, Tue 3 May #12

alewis, Oct 28, 12:29am
this is the most amazing fudge, thanks several years ago to radishman

RADISHMANS FUDGE
Boil 2cups white sugar,
3T Cocoa and
1/2cup milk for 3min.
Add 2tsp butter.
Add few drops vanilla and
beat with ELECTRIC BEATER for 3mins till thick.
Pour into 18cmx18cm tin.
Cool .
The beating is the secret.

valentino, Jun 22, 4:13am
Just bumped the thread "Confectionary Thread" up for you to peruse re fudges, mostly page 2.

jessie981, Jun 22, 9:13am
you want baking ideas or giftie things to go in the box!

guest, Jan 11, 12:20pm
This piece was a liafjecket that saved me from drowning.

guest, Jan 13, 2:19pm
Jul01Rebecca Dan,This is so uplifting! Too many times, I see all the nevitigaty and wonder how He can see the good in me with all the bad I hav done. But truley it is gone and I am free to see myself how God truely sees me!