Fudge gone sugary...

jfor, Jul 12, 11:28pm
my caramel fudge has gone sugary and its still a bit soggy.... I've left it overnight.Does anyone know if I can boil it up again and rebeat it?

pickles7, Jul 12, 11:55pm
are you on holiday early??

karlachikkidy, Jul 13, 12:04am
you have to stir constantly with just sugar and milk (not condensed) at very low temp until ALL sugar is dissolved and THEN bring to the boil - if you stir too much while boiling it will become sugary.If its soggy after all this then you didnt boil long enough or beat long enough. Hope this helps.

karlachikkidy, Jul 13, 12:04am
ive done this and reboiled it but do it at a really low temp to dissolve the sugar, it doesnt turn out perfect but it can be saved

imn, Jul 13, 1:38am
caramel fudge? never heard of it. can you give us the recipie?

auntlb, Jul 13, 1:53am
My caramel fudge recipe
3 c brown sugar
1 can cond milk
150gm butter.
Microwave in large (has to be LARGE) dish for 9 mins - stirring every 3mins
Add 1/2 block white chocolate and stir through until chcolate has melted.
Pour in to lined or buttered dish.
Sets fast and is nice and firm

suie1, Jul 13, 3:54am
Yum thanks auntlb I am going to try this as the microwave caramel fudge recipe I was given by a friend who makes it heaps always turns out, but when I have tried it never comes out right!

imn, Jul 13, 4:38am
mouth is watering. mmmmmthank you for that.

auntlb, Jul 13, 5:12am
No worries at all - I make fudge regularly and get annoyed when my russian fudge doesn't set hard - I like it almost crunchy.This fudge recipe was given to me recently and I have never had it fail - so easy and so yum!

nanasee1, Jul 13, 6:18am
Have to support auntlb's recipe, one I also use. I vary the chocolate- sometimes white, milk,dark - yummy every time. May just make some tonight!

dolphin9, Jul 13, 6:55am
If sugar not dissolved before boiling, its too late (same when making jam)

jfor, Jul 13, 8:52am
Thanx all, ( I had the same recipe ). I scraped it all back inthe pot, added 1/2 cp milk, and simmered 40mins, stirred it with wooden spoon occasionly. ...its come out great !..not xmas !!its to put into fancy jars and to be put onto raffletable .