What is the secret to... The Best Fruit Salad.....

Page 2 / 2
campmum, May 26, 7:23pm
4would be ok.or you could just add a jar of pulp.it is sweet & delicious

toadfish, May 26, 7:41pm
Thanks. I have seen the pulp on the shelves. Guess I could add it to taste and use the rest in muffins another time!

campmum, May 26, 7:54pm
Yep.or use to top pavalova or meringues.yum yum

rkcroft, May 26, 9:31pm
I don't used anything canned either, but I do use a mix of fresh and dried fruits.Love adding some dried fruit for a bit of extra sweetness.

kinna54, May 27, 4:13am
sounds like you have got it sorted. When I made fresh fruit salad when catering, i also dipped apples, pears, bananas etc, in lemon or apple juice (slice first and then dip, to ensure complete coverage, ) to stop discolouring.To add colour in a winter fruit salad I used to add kiwi fruit, red or black grapes,and mandarin orange segments (canned is fine as they are ready peeled and a nice colour). I always tried for fresh fruit, but in the winter time variety isn't quite as easy, so canned mandarins and apricots are ok (budget brand apricots are fine they are usually harder) I also used an apple juice base,it isn't quite as runny, or maybe add a dash of the mandarin and clear juice to your apple juice.

emmapear, May 27, 6:28am
I make a vanilla beanor lemongrass syrup to add to the fruit.makes it sweet and adds flavour.

lindylambchops1, May 27, 7:39am
I like my fresh fruit salad with ginger ale!Gives it zing!

toadfish, May 28, 6:34pm
Well I made it.... minus the canned fruit... as when I thought about it ... personally I enjoy it being all fresh....

I used Pineapple, Mango, Pears, Green Grapes, red Grapes, Apples, Kiwifruit, Plum & Banana.... When I cut the flesh off the mango I squeezed all the juice from around the stone.... and that gave enough juice plus what came out the pineapple and other fruit to coat everything... it was delcious.....

Thanks for all the suggestions....

rainrain1, May 28, 9:14pm
Definately NO APPLES !!!!

lindylambchops1, May 29, 5:56am
Another fruit salad we enjoy is a fruit salad made with dried fruits ...prunes, dates, sultanas, apricots, fresh slices of apple or pear or both, sliced fresh banana.You could make the juice with cold tea if you wish but I think the fruits make their own delicious juice.I cover the fruits in water.Makes a great breakfast or dessert dish for a cold winter's day!Do try it!!!!lol

chrissyb1, May 29, 5:58am
A dash of Grand Marnier works for me.Mmmm

sossie1, May 29, 5:58am
with fresh fruit, add frozen berries which have been pureed?

toadfish, May 29, 6:34pm
Well I made it. minus the canned fruit. as when I thought about it . personally I enjoy it being all fresh.

I used Pineapple, Mango, Pears, Green Grapes, red Grapes, Apples, Kiwifruit, Plum & Banana. When I cut the flesh off the mango I squeezed all the juice from around the stone. and that gave enough juice plus what came out the pineapple and other fruit to coat everything. it was delcious.

Thanks for all the suggestions.

rainrain1, May 29, 9:14pm
Definately NO APPLES !

lindylambchops1, May 30, 5:56am
Another fruit salad we enjoy is a fruit salad made with dried fruits .prunes, dates, sultanas, apricots, fresh slices of apple or pear or both, sliced fresh banana.You could make the juice with cold tea if you wish but I think the fruits make their own delicious juice.I cover the fruits in water.Makes a great breakfast or dessert dish for a cold winter's day!Do try it!lol

sossie1, May 30, 5:58am
with fresh fruit, add frozen berries which have been pureed!