Bread maker bread

Page 2 / 2
mum99, May 17, 9:04am
must just be the mixed spice, didn't add anything else, just took out the wholemeal flour and substituted it for white, then added raisins and mixed spice so it has to be the spice that gives it the colour i guess

juddy1, May 17, 9:19am
Whats a slicer guide thing!

juddy1, May 17, 9:45am
mmm ok will give it a whirl
our one that mum gratefully brought for us the other day has had a real hammering lol
but the only prob we've encountered or been told about is that the loaf size is small,it makes upto 750gram,and is contains no preservatives,so it goes stale real quick.

winnie231, May 17, 10:22am
Yup - for fluffy commercial-type fresh bread you need an electric knife & slicer guide.
And be patient! Don't try and push the knife through the bread . you'll just squish it!
If you make/buy a heavier, central european type bread like rye sourdough then a regular bread knife works fine.

graemehw, May 17, 10:51am
A good quality bread knife - I have one that's a quite weighty - rest in on loaf with NO additional downward force - then lots of strokes - it will still be fairly quick- ie the weight of the knife & many strokes ( saw motions ).
The more warm it is - the harder to slice - still should work well - with hot bread

lythande1, May 17, 8:10pm
No idea, following a recipe isn't all there is to it. But if it's that hard, it's wrong.

fester7, May 18, 2:58am
I have a "forever sharp" knife bought from a demo in warehouse ( you know the "but wait there's more" sort of carry on) I've ended up with two and they cut hot fresh bread.I even take them with me when I go to friends/family for lunch as I hate blunt knives and squashed bread!

juddy1, May 18, 5:58am
Yum.
made one similar the other day,but didnt put in enough raisins etc.
Do you use a base mix/pack thingee!

lythande1, May 18, 6:27am
LOL. It's too crusty, adjust the recipe, you shouldn't need to have to saw at it, and an electric knife is no better than a good hand knife.

mum99, May 18, 7:57am
aren't they fantastic fester! yup couldn't do without mine . juddy i just used the recipe on here but used all white bread with 2 cups raisins and 4ish teaspoons mixed spice - kids love it but not as spicy as the store bought ones.

juddy1, May 18, 8:20am
Whats to be adjusted!
I was strictly follwing the instructions on the pre-mix packet

juddy1, May 18, 8:22am
Nice .But how do you get it to be the same colour as store brought spice breads!

mum99, May 18, 9:04am
must just be the mixed spice, didn't add anything else, just took out the wholemeal flour and substituted it for white, then added raisins and mixed spice so it has to be the spice that gives it the colour i guess

juddy1, May 18, 9:45am
mmm ok will give it a whirl
our one that mum gratefully brought for us the other day has had a real hammering lol
but the only prob we've encountered or been told about is that the loaf size is small,it makes upto 750gram,and is contains no preservatives,so it goes stale real quick.

lythande1, May 18, 8:10pm
No idea, following a recipe isn't all there is to it. But if it's that hard, it's wrong.