Meals for one.

aimz_bj, May 2, 1:17am
My partner has just started a new job which means he is working away from home.He leaves on Monday morning and comes back home Friday afternoon for the weekend and is back off again the following Monday.

It is his first week away this week, and I am looking for quick and simple meals for one.In his previous job he would get home in the arvo about 4pm, so he always had tea cooked by the time I get home which is about 6.30pm.

Help!

cgvl, May 2, 1:34am
steak, sausages, schnitzel are all quick and easy 1 person meals. have with salads or vegies. I can have a meal on the table within 30mins of getting in the door and that includes peeling the veg and cooking it.
Others are (if you have one) making a crockpot/slow cooker stew. make enough so you can have it for say 2 nights and freeze the rest into single meal size for the next week. lasagne can be frozen too. Roast have it say on a sunday night then you have some cold for Monday and a pie (doesn't have to have pastry) on the tuesday (chicken works well) or you could cook extra veg and freeze one or two.
Mince 100gms will feed one person and can be done as nacho's, spag bol, curry, of patties.

lindylambchops1, May 2, 3:49am
Go visit a friend or a family each night have tea with them LOL

duckmoon, May 2, 7:15am
When you cook at home, the previous week, I would put two serving aside - and send him off with two frozen meals (in a chilly bag - he could put them in a fridge when he arrives).

so only needs to cook two nights.

aimz_bj, May 2, 7:17am
Part of his work is that all meals are supplied... its me the one who is stumped for ideas for myself hahaha

cgvl, May 3, 1:34am
steak, sausages, schnitzel are all quick and easy 1 person meals. have with salads or vegies. I can have a meal on the table within 30mins of getting in the door and that includes peeling the veg and cooking it.
Others are (if you have one) making a crockpot/slow cooker stew. make enough so you can have it for say 2 nights and freeze the rest into single meal size for the next week. lasagne can be frozen too. Roast have it say on a sunday night then you have some cold for Monday and a pie (doesn't have to have pastry) on the tuesday (chicken works well) or you could cook extra veg and freeze one or two.
Mince 100gms will feed one person and can be done as nacho's, spag bol, curry, or patties.

aimz_bj, May 3, 7:17am
Part of his work is that all meals are supplied. its me the one who is stumped for ideas for myself hahaha