This is a bit of a random question, but...

ma2ts01, Apr 26, 9:21am
do you think that $3.84 is expensive for a burger that consists of...

a chicken cordon bleu, one slice of cheese, hash brown and lettuce with salad dressing between two sesame seed buns...

this is the burger i cook at home, just wondering if you think that is a reasonable price...

patsy3, Apr 26, 9:25am
Sounds reasonable. Does it come with china plate or paper bag? Is the hash brown seperate? I would prefer more salad. Onion, lettuce, carrot, mayo, and an plum sauce.

nfh1, Apr 26, 9:28am
Can you make that for $3.84?Are you making the chicken CB?It sounds really reasonable.

cookessentials, Apr 26, 9:34am
Seems reasonable to me

muppet65, Apr 26, 9:36am
definately chicken is expensive ..when you compare to something like a wisconsin burger then thats a fab price

ma2ts01, Apr 27, 12:34am
i buy all the ingrediants, the cordon bleu is $10 for six, so roughly $1.60 per cordon bleu... i mix a teaspoon of honey with enough water to make a syrup and coat it over the chicken then sprinkle chilli power and the honey helps the powder stick to the cordon bleu and taste pretty good...

ma2ts01, Apr 27, 12:36am
this is a home made burger to be fair, i guess you got to add the price of someone making the burger for you... hehe... takes me about 5 - 10 mins to make this burger from scratch... the buns, chicken and hash brown from frozen...

ma2ts01, Apr 27, 12:38am
china plate?..lol.. you can put it on whatever you like i suppose... lol.. more salad would probably be a good idea... definately onions... although i would suggest using king size burger buns if that is your preference, theres already alot of filling in the burger... king size buns also cost a little more, not significantly more but still...

nfh1, Apr 27, 1:27am
It sounds very reasonable and now I have to ask - because I am nosey - are you actually going to sell them for that price?

lookin4adeal, Apr 27, 1:49am
Sounds too cheap to me.We can't seem to find a burger for much less then $5 these days and that sounds awesome.Good luck!

nzl99, Apr 27, 3:33am
I'd buy lots for that price! :-)

ma2ts01, Apr 27, 7:48am
im not going into business or anything... $3.84 is the cost per burger, when making them at home... to buy all the ingredients and make 10 burgers and have ingredients left over would cost around $26, that's in christchurch though, prices may vary ;)

ma2ts01, Apr 27, 7:51am
your right, a descent burger is quite expensive, that's i why i make my own, its not hard and only takes 10 - 15 minutes to make a burger, fries and sort yourself a drink... probably the same amount of time it takes to go to your local fast food store and buy your meal and get home again... plain burgers at the fish n chip shop that i go to our about $2.70 from memory, but they are pretty sad... but for the price i can't complain...

ma2ts01, Apr 27, 7:53am
you should, they are quite delicious... very quick and you don't need to deep fry anything for that particular burger either, microwave the cordon bleu and toast the hash brown... both take about 2 - 3 minutes... at the same time you can prepare your burger buns and salad and sauce...