Could you share your favorite Sophie gray recipe?

Page 2 / 3
lindylambchops1, Apr 23, 5:00am
Winnie tyvm for the corrections.Have re copied & paste into recipe folder.

chchgurl, Apr 23, 9:03am
Yes! Thank you so much :) Made this quite a few times when I was flatting, my friend gave it to me and I have lost it. Its so good.

kiwipossum, Apr 23, 9:07am
any more?

greerg, Apr 23, 9:47am
Easily I should think EA, any filler would do instead of the bread - it is a real favourite here, specially with a gravy made from bacon bone and chicken stock.

duckmoon, Apr 23, 11:40am
you are kidding, aren't you.

duckmoon, Apr 23, 11:41am
her "Dana's chocolate cake" is the one I dream about

nik12, Apr 23, 1:11pm
Hi Motorbo. you say it's good gluten free. what flour did you use!

motorbo, Apr 23, 1:38pm
i knew a lady that had tried and tested ALL flours and she swore by heatheries gluten free baking mix for bread, she said it was way better than the mix for cakes, and her gluten free baking was delish, i and i then started to use it also. am sure from memory its the healtheries brand, gold coloured big squarish box

geldof, Apr 24, 1:11am
I have most of her books, so if you think of a particular recipe you would like, just ask.
if i don't respond, give me a shout in General

Have just got them out and making more lists of recipes to try for our family.

earthangel4, Apr 24, 1:23am
yum thank you ,I can turn this recipe into a gluten free one as well.

motorbo, Apr 24, 1:34am
sorry lindy, didnt see your post till now, no i think that is right, its a very creamy sweet choccy icing

kiwipossum, Apr 24, 3:24am
thanks everyone, i have been on her site not many recipes.
id love the curried chickpea parcels one if someone wouldnt mind!
it was from one of her first two books:)

geldof, Apr 24, 4:27am
Curried Vegetable Puff Tarts

1 tbsp oil
1 clove garlic crushed
1 onion, chopped
1 cup cooked chick peas
4 cups mixed vegetables
2tsp curry powder
1 1/2 tsp garam masala
pinch of cayenne pepper
400gm tin of lite evap milk
1 tin of water
1 heaped tbsp cornflour
frozen puff pastry sheets
poppy seeds

In a large frypan heat the oil and saute the garlic and onion until softAdd the chickpeas, prepared veges and spices and stir-fry for 2-3min, taking care the spices don't burn.
Pour in the evap milk and water, and simmer until the veges are soft and the sauce is reduced.If the curry is very liquid when cooked turn up the heat to reduce the liquid further and thicken with cornflour.
leave to cool
divide pastry sheets into quarters.Brush around the edges with water and put a spoonful of mixture onto each quarter.pull the corners into the middle andpinch along joins to form raised seams.Brush with milk and sprinkle with poppy seeds.
Bake at 210 C until golden and puffed.

kiwipossum, Apr 24, 9:07am
any more!

geldof, Apr 25, 1:11am
I have most of her books, so if you think of a particular recipe you would like, just ask.
if i don't respond, give me a shout in General

Have just got them out and making more lists of recipes to try for our family.

motorbo, Apr 25, 1:34am
oh and the flatbreads, great for stretching food.you can add alsorts into them and eat, they are delish

kiwipossum, Apr 25, 11:04pm
i would LOVE the recipe for her friary lentil soup!! and and her lentil bolognaise and any others that contain lentils my kids love them:)

kiwipossum, Apr 26, 7:53am
bumping for .......me lol

geldof, Apr 26, 8:57am
Will have a look for those two tomorrow for you.

nickyd, Apr 26, 9:15am
One-pan chicken and spicy sausage

1 T oil
1 litre(+ a little more) chicken stock
1 red pepper
½ t mixed herbs
1-2 celery stalks
sprig rosemary
2 peeled carrots
1 C diced kumara
2 chorizo sausages
1 ½ C cooked shredded chicken
2 C arborio rice
1 C frozen peas
½ t salt
Good handful chopped parsley

Finely chop or cut into pea size dice the pepper, celery and carrots.Heat oil in heavy based fry pan and add prepared vegetables. Cut sausages lengthwise then slice.Add to the pan and cook gently for around 10 mins. Stir in the remaining ingredients.
Simmer gently for around 20 mins, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking.When the liquid is absorbed and the vegetables cooked, add frozen peas and parsley.If necessary, add a dash more stock to prevent mixture becoming gluggy.Serve in bowls.
Ready in 35 mins.Serves 4

kiwipossum, Apr 26, 11:04pm
i would LOVE the recipe for her friary lentil soup! and and her lentil bolognaise and any others that contain lentils my kids love them:)

kiwipossum, Apr 27, 7:53am
bumping for .me lol

geldof, Apr 27, 8:57am
Will have a look for those two tomorrow for you.

Yep, got them both, will post for you tomorrow.

kiwipossum, Apr 28, 12:37am
thanks nickyd that sounds yummy!!

nickyd, Apr 28, 10:28am
-yes, it was in taste magazine and has become a family favourite.Asked for regularly.Its great as can keep chorizo in fridge for weeks and then all you need is a bit of chicken and you're away!Makes quite a big amount- probably enough for 5-6 adults.