Apple cider anyone got a good recipe?

tickandnans, Apr 19, 3:30am
tried and true one

harrislucinda, Apr 19, 10:11am
i havethis1,5kg apples5,7ltswater1kgsugarjuiceandzestof3lemonsputapples in thefreezertakeoutandbashto form asludgeputinto acleanbucketwith waterleave7daysstiringall thetimenowstrainputliquidback into abucketwithsugarandlemonjuice andzeststirleave24hrsstrainagainbottleiusethe1,5lrtplasticdrinkbottlesthelongyouleavetodrinkcangetbeery

wron, Apr 20, 1:46am
Hi harrislucinda, do you mean 1.5kg and 5.7l? Also what variety of apples and how do you strain ie through cloth? Cheers.

coolkiwibird, Apr 20, 2:20am
I make Lynda's cider.Google nz gardener cider but it is the same recipe. It is good. i used pears for this recently. it was nicer than apples. I use granny smiths.

harrislucinda, Apr 20, 5:19am
read thru againitsays1.5kgapplesthen5.7lltswater,anyapplegrannysmith

pickles7, Apr 20, 5:31am
Buy a "cider kit' to make 23 liters. $15.00?.. Bin Inn. It is hard to come buy, proper cider apples. Just follow the directions. Perfect 'Apple Cider' every time.

jocook1, May 12, 4:56am
i swap apples for feijoas and it is divine...
in fact friends hassle me for it..
I am going to freeze some feijoas this season so I can make some later on in the year also.
just bottled up a double batch today made 18 wine bottles full.

leonie11, May 12, 6:37am
harrislucinda how long do you have to leave it once it is bottled?

dippychik, May 12, 7:51am
I make one similar to harrislucinda. I use the food pro to blitz up the apples with some of the water to make it pulpy. Drain through muttoncloth/muslin/kitchen cloth/cheese cloth etc after the week. When you bottle keave plenty of room empty at top (I only fill to a bit past the label). Leave for a few weeks, you'll feel the bottles get firmer, after a bit it'll be fizzy apple, but after a couple of weeks it'll get more "boozey" tasting

pickles7, May 12, 9:46pm
Ouch!! I went to buy a cider kit and they are now $18.00, by the time I add the sugar it will cost $1.00 a liter. Still good , when you buy 12, 330 mil bottles every week.
I am too lazy to go pick apples up from off the ground, wash them, put them through the waste disposal unit I have for that purpose, then press them to make the 23 liters of juice. I am tired just reading all that. lol.

jocook1, May 13, 4:56am
i swap apples for feijoas and it is divine.
in fact friends hassle me for it.
I am going to freeze some feijoas this season so I can make some later on in the year also.
just bottled up a double batch today made 18 wine bottles full.

leonie11, May 13, 6:37am
harrislucinda how long do you have to leave it once it is bottled!

dippychik, May 13, 7:51am
I make one similar to harrislucinda. I use the food pro to blitz up the apples with some of the water to make it pulpy. Drain through muttoncloth/muslin/kitchen cloth/cheese cloth etc after the week. When you bottle keave plenty of room empty at top (I only fill to a bit past the label). Leave for a few weeks, you'll feel the bottles get firmer, after a bit it'll be fizzy apple, but after a couple of weeks it'll get more "boozey" tasting

juliewn, May 13, 12:21pm
I'm going to try this one soon:
Apple cider vinegar - 1 bucket of apples, 3 cups white sugar. Chop apples (skin, cores as well ) and cover with boiled water. Cover with a cloth and stir daily for 7 days. Strain and add sugar. Leave in a cool place for approximately 2 months and when the mother - leathery skin - forms, strain and bottle. I made this and it is really nice.
squeakygirl (3976 )10:25 am, Wed 21 Jul #6

pickles7, May 13, 9:46pm
Ouch! I went to buy a cider kit and they are now $18.00, by the time I add the sugar it will cost $1.00 a liter. Still good , when you buy 12, 330 mil bottles every week.
I am too lazy to go pick apples up from off the ground, wash them, put them through the waste disposal unit I have for that purpose, then press them to make the 23 liters of juice. I am tired just reading all that. lol.

juliewn, May 14, 12:21pm
I'm going to try this one soon:
Apple cider vinegar - 1 bucket of apples, 3 cups white sugar. Chop apples (skin, cores as well ) and cover with boiled water. Cover with a cloth and stir daily for 7 days. Strain and add sugar. Leave in a cool place for approximately 2 months and when the mother - leathery skin - forms, strain and bottle. I made this and it is really nice.
squeakygirl (3976 )10:25 am, Wed 21 Jul #6

wron, Apr 20, 1:46am
Hi harrislucinda, do you mean 1.5kg and 5.7l! Also what variety of apples and how do you strain ie through cloth! Cheers.

coolkiwibird, Apr 20, 2:20am
I make Lynda's cider.Google nz gardener cider but it is the same recipe. It is good. i used pears for this recently. it was nicer than apples. I use granny smiths.

pickles7, Apr 20, 5:31am
Buy a "cider kit' to make 23 liters. $15.00!. Bin Inn. It is hard to come buy, proper cider apples. Just follow the directions. Perfect 'Apple Cider' every time.