Cheese loaf/bread

tarshlove, Apr 10, 8:53pm
I'm wanting a really cheesy loaf one that is quick and easy that I can do by hand and I don't have to do the whole raise the bread by using yeast thing.

Does anyone have a recipe that they have used

245sam, Apr 10, 9:48pm
tarshlove, here's a recipe for a loaf that is definitely cheesey and easy to make, although it does (and I do) make use of an electric beater.I find that this recipe is a great way to use previously frozen cream cheese.

HERB AND TWO-CHEESE BREAD
250g (8oz) cream cheese, softened
2 tbsp margarine
1 tbsp sugar
2 eggs
½ cup milk
1½ cups (170g/6oz) grated tasty cheese
1 tbsp green onion slices
2 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
¾-1½ tsp Italian seasoning
¼ tsp salt

Beat the cream cheese, margarine and sugar in a large mixing bowl at medium speed with an electric mixer until well blended. Add the eggs and milk; mix well.
In a large bowl combine the dry ingredients, then add the cheese and onions and toss them through. Add the cream cheese mixture, mixing just until moistened – the mixture will be very thick. Place the mixture into a greased and floured 22∙5cm x 12∙5cm (9”x5”) loaf pan.
Bake at 180°C for 45-50 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 5 minutes, then remove from the pan and allow to cool completely. This loaf cuts best if made a day ahead.

Hope that helps.:-))

tarshlove, Apr 10, 9:53pm
Thanks 245sam
I just found this one in another thread lol

Ill make it shortly and tell you how I found it :)

tiogapass, Apr 10, 10:31pm
Jo Seagar has a great cheese loaf recipe on her website.The ingredients are basically grated cheese, herbs, flour and beer.Very quick and easy and good with soup.Has a texture somewhere between bread and a scone.

susieq9, Apr 13, 12:25am
Made the Herb and 2 Cheese Bread yesterday and had it with our casserole, and so easy and quick to make. Toasted a couple of slices for breakfast this morning and had jam on it. Delicious . Thanks to 245sam.

245sam, Apr 13, 12:55am
You're most welcome susieq9.I am so pleased that you made and enjoyed the bread.:-))

tarshlove, Apr 14, 7:42am
made this today 245sam I love it will definitely be making this again