Chocolate fudge slice

Page 1 / 2
kiwiscrapper1, Apr 8, 11:33am
I used to have a recipe for this and cant find it, it has a fudgey base (not biscuit) and then the icing had coconut in it, I went to bp to get a coffee - my machine is in being serviced and I was desperate! - and they had it and it was so yummy I thought I still had the recipe and hoping someone has one as I no longer do :-0(

litedelites, Apr 8, 9:03pm
YUM, sorry I don't have the recipe, but will be interested to get this, T

jessie981, Apr 8, 11:31pm
Chocolate Fudge Brownie
Ingredients
125g butter
120g dark chocolate chips
2 eggs
1 cup caster sugar
1 tablespoon dutch cocoa
100g plain flour, sifted
125g walnuts, chopped

Method
Preheat
oven to 180 C. Grease a 20 cm square cake pan. Melt butter and chocolate chips
in a saucepan over a low heat stirring to prevent chocolate sticking. When
smooth remove from heat and leave to cool. Beat eggs and caster sugar until
thick and creamy. Stir in chocolate mixture, flour, cocoa and walnuts. Pour into
prepared pan and bake for 30 minutes, cool and cut into squares.

v

seniorbones, Apr 9, 1:02am
Thanks, but its nto a browny it has coconut in the base and then in the icing too, just had a piece from bp again again today its so yummy

angie117, Apr 9, 1:07am
I think its called coconut rough. My mum used to make it.

spoeklet, Apr 9, 1:12am

meetee, Apr 9, 1:22am
I have a chocolate fudge square recipe that is a real family favourite called
Club Fudge:
250g butter
1tb golden syrup
1tb cocoa
2 breakfast cups flour
1 breakfast cup coconut
1 breakfast cup sugar.
Melt butter and sugar, add cocoa, beat, then add other ingredients. Bake 15-20 mins. 180deg C. Ice while hot with chocolate icing, sprinkle with coconut.. Cut while warm.

seniorbones, Apr 9, 1:42am
yes you are right...I have found my recipe

4 oz butter, ½ cup sugar, 1 cup flour, 1 tsp b powder, 2 tbs cocoa, ¾ cup coconut.
Melt butter pour over mixed dry ingred press into tin bake mod over 10 mins. Ice with chocolate icing with coconut added.

seniorbones, Apr 9, 1:43am
This sounds nice though so will copy this too and make tomorrow - baking day!

seniorbones, Apr 9, 1:46am
again these are what I was looking for..the first one sounds nice with the condensed milk in it! I have lost 33kg's and never had a sweet tooth before always loved pies and savouries, now its the opposite I love sweet things and cant believe what I eat that I havent put any of the weight back on!

seniorbones, Apr 9, 1:49am
oh and like the hint at the bottom of the recipe, "freeze any leftover condensed milk in an airtight container." I never knew it was possible, If a recipe asks for 1/2 a tin I usually double it because I cant stand half left over - I would just eat it out of the tin or drizzle heaps over my porridge!!

harrislucinda, Apr 9, 4:09am
6ozbutter6ozbrownsugar1tblspgolden syrup
1 1/2cupsflour3/4cupcoconut
vanillaess1tlbsp cocoa11/2tspbp
meltfirst3ingredcook5minthen addrestdryingredputin trayandbakeinmodovenfor10minonlyicewith chocolateiceing

seniorbones, Apr 10, 5:04am
well I made the slice that had the condensed milk in the topping, it is yummy but the base has come out crunchy like a biscuit base, I wanted one that is moist and chewy like fudge..maybe I should write to BP and ask for the recipe! I would never buy petrol there but love their coffees and cakes.

cookessentials, Apr 11, 8:06am
Sounds like chocolate rough.

kennymac, May 23, 12:58am
Copied from here long time ago.
FUDGEY CHOCOLATE COCONUT SLICE - In medium pot MELT together 250gr butter, 1 Tbsp golden syrup, 2 Tbsp cocoa and 1 cup sugar, let it cool for about 5 or so minutes. Stir in 2 cups flour, 2 tsp b/powder and a pinch of salt-sifted, along with 1 cup of coconut. Place evenly in a baking paper lined tin. (The one I use is approx 18x28cm) Bake for just 20mins @ 180. The slice should look "just set" but if touched tightly, should still feel a bit soft...don't panic, that's the way it should be! It will become nice and fudgy as it cools. Ice it while it's still quite warm. ICING: Sift together 1 cup icing sugar and 2 Tbsp cocoa, add a little boiling water so it's spreadable. Sprinkle with coconut and cut when the icing has set.

juliewn, May 23, 1:43pm
Hi Senior.. I freeze any SCM in a glass jar with a lid - you can use it straight from the freezer as it doesn't freeze solid.. makes it handy for recipes that use just a spoonful or so..

kennymac, May 24, 12:58am
Copied from here long time ago.
FUDGEY CHOCOLATE COCONUT SLICE - In medium pot MELT together 250gr butter, 1 Tbsp golden syrup, 2 Tbsp cocoa and 1 cup sugar, let it cool for about 5 or so minutes. Stir in 2 cups flour, 2 tsp b/powder and a pinch of salt-sifted, along with 1 cup of coconut. Place evenly in a baking paper lined tin. (The one I use is approx 18x28cm) Bake for just 20mins @ 180. The slice should look "just set" but if touched tightly, should still feel a bit soft.don't panic, that's the way it should be! It will become nice and fudgy as it cools. Ice it while it's still quite warm. ICING: Sift together 1 cup icing sugar and 2 Tbsp cocoa, add a little boiling water so it's spreadable. Sprinkle with coconut and cut when the icing has set.

juliewn, May 24, 1:43pm
Hi Senior. I freeze any SCM in a glass jar with a lid - you can use it straight from the freezer as it doesn't freeze solid. makes it handy for recipes that use just a spoonful or so.

tarankyle, May 25, 4:46am
I have just made this up & it smells devine! just waiting for it to cool to put the icing on now :-)oh & it is easy as to make which is a huge bonus!

tarankyle, May 25, 7:02am
Ok it is cooled down & iced now & OMG it tastes soo good!

rainrain1, May 25, 10:22pm
Have just made meetees slice....dam it's good...will have to walk more now

shiyo, May 25, 10:55pm
meetees..........no baking powder this correct. Just checking before I make it.
going to try kennymacs as well.

rainrain1, May 25, 11:25pm
no BP is correct

rainrain1, May 26, 10:22pm
Have just made meetees slice.dam it's good.will have to walk more now

shiyo, May 26, 10:55pm
meetees.no baking powder this correct. Just checking before I make it.
going to try kennymacs as well.