Pure Honey

dollertree, Mar 18, 7:24pm
How would one know if the honey is pure. There are lots to choose from and all claiming to be pure. Also want to know about the crystals that form in honey when temperature drops......what is it?

jag5, Mar 19, 4:26am
Wa watching a programme on telly one night last week....can't recall what it was..but it was on honey "making".Clear liquid honey is pure, the creamed is also pure....I was led to believe years ago, that the creamed was honey blended with icing sugar....not so...it is pure honey beaten gently until creamy.

The crystals are the natural sugars, just heat gently and they will disolve.In this country, labelling has to be correct, so if it says it is pure honey, then it is.

jessie981, Mar 19, 4:30am
I prefer creamed to liquid as I find the clear stronger tasting.

cgvl, Mar 19, 7:56am
different labelling is telling you where the bees have been harvesting honey from.
eg clover, manuka, bush, mixed. The mildest is clover and strongest is either manuka or bush.
Basically its where the hives have been placed.
As far as I'm aware all honey in NZ is pure, difference between runny/clear and hard creamed is just personal to your taste.

dollertree, Mar 19, 7:24pm
How would one know if the honey is pure. There are lots to choose from and all claiming to be pure. Also want to know about the crystals that form in honey when temperature drops.what is it!

jag5, Mar 20, 4:26am
Wa watching a programme on telly one night last week.can't recall what it was.but it was on honey "making".Clear liquid honey is pure, the creamed is also pure.I was led to believe years ago, that the creamed was honey blended with icing sugar.not so.it is pure honey beaten gently until creamy.

The crystals are the natural sugars, just heat gently and they will disolve.In this country, labelling has to be correct, so if it says it is pure honey, then it is.

cgvl, Mar 20, 7:56am
different labelling is telling you where the bees have been harvesting honey from.
eg clover, manuka, bush, mixed. The mildest is clover and strongest is either manuka or bush.
Basically its where the hives have been placed.
As far as I'm aware all honey in NZ is pure, difference between runny/clear and hard creamed is just personal to your taste.