Manuka Honey, What do you mix with it?

aw217, Oct 26, 9:20am
I am adding Manuka (active) Honey to my diet. Some one said to have it with apple cyder vingar and hot water, others have said on toast with Cinnamon. I understand that eating it with the cider and the cinnamon help or aid in the benifits of the honey getting through to your body. Is anyone else having manuka honey? and how do you have yours?

luckyduck, Oct 26, 9:33am
My mother has hers with cider vinegar and hot water. I just like mine on toast.

griffo4, Oct 26, 7:35pm
Would it not lose some of its properties with the hot water?
l would just have it on toast while drinking the cider vinegar and hot water
lt is great stuff and has so much goodness in it, enjoy

buzzy110, Oct 27, 4:48am
No. Research has shown that it remains exactly the same, heated or not.

beaker59, Oct 27, 9:38pm
I mix mine with lemon juice and hot water great for a sore throat but as I'm very outdoorsy and clumsy mostly it gets used externally on cuts burns abrasions infections etc etc.

sleyle, Oct 28, 4:08am
I take a teaspoon of it and slowly devour it lol

buzzy110, Oct 28, 5:58am
That is the beauty of active honey. Can be eaten exactly as it comes. Sucked slowly off a teaspoon is my DH's preferred way. You should just be careful not to eat too much of it because a really active one, a UMF of 15+ or greater, will turn you into 'old yella' (makes you go yellow).

It is hugely funny for others though.

aw217, Oct 30, 8:17am
Thanks for your comments. I have the 15+ honey, and I would rather not go yellow. Is a teaspoon a day too much?

buzzy110, Oct 30, 10:19am
No. A teaspoon a day is not too much but I am wondering why you are thinking of taking this regularly. Personally I'd only use it when I had a bacterial or viral infection I wanted to get rid of. It is not something I'd take on a daily basis if I was otherwise healthy.

m0rtleg_gl, Oct 30, 10:29am
A teaspoon or two mixed in warm milk before bed is always a nice way to end the day and make me feel ready for sleep. Perhaps you might like to try something like this

vintagekitty, Oct 30, 9:14pm
Manuka Honey is amazing stuff, I have had a op on my leg and thewound site got infected, ive been packing the site with Manuka honey, and its working a treat. I also use it in my hair as a conditioning trearment, and take it almost everyday on a teaspoon, I havent turned yellow yet!

ferita, Oct 30, 9:17pm
Mix with tumeric

vintagekitty, Jul 4, 8:16am
lol, or carrot juice!