Egg substitute..

lisaaa, Jan 26, 11:58pm
Does anybody know what you can use in recipes in place of egg..my daughters eczema flares with eggs..

glendeb, Jan 27, 12:10am
It depends on the recipe, for example in a cake you can substitute banana - but then you get banana taste, or applesauce, but then apple flavour.For cookies I have used golden syrup - but then need to watch them as they cook as can darken very quickly.

For savoury you can whip tofu as a substitute.
Google has some great ideas.

lisaaa, Jan 27, 12:13am
thanks...I was going to make savoury muffins..thought there might be something that I had in the house...maybe not

ruby19, Jan 27, 12:15am
There is an egg substitue on the market it is put put by oregan (or something similar) it is a brand that is at most supermarkets, and it is with the gluten free products.They predominately do gluten free products.Never tried it so can`t comment on taste etc.

annie642, Jan 27, 1:00am
theres plenty of egg free recipes if you google it

allspices, Jan 27, 8:15pm
I use Orgran No Egg natural egg replacer
(all that came off the packet) for baking when my grand daughter comes as she is egg allergic or intolerant - one of those.It seems to work OK. Life is much easier now she is nearly 7 as she's grown out of the dairy/soy milk problems. Thank goodness she now has only egg, peanut and kiwifruit to avoid. Hope the egg one goes with age. Good on her Mum for carefully watching her diet and making her understand what she could or couldn't have while younger.

yogideb, Feb 7, 8:08am
Hi
I'm a vegetarian.I use 1 tbsp of plain yoghurt for every egg, works a treat.I noticed in PaknSave the other day they had a box which said "egg replacer" too.I have used this in the past but in my experience the yoghurt works best.

norma2, Jan 16, 8:55am
I use this in cakes muffins etc1 tablespoon Gelatine in cup,mix with cold water to paste ,then top up toa cupful of boiling water--this is equal to 3 eggs.Old recipe of Grannys

missani, Jan 16, 10:55am

lisaaa, Jan 26, 11:58pm
Does anybody know what you can use in recipes in place of egg.my daughters eczema flares with eggs.

lisaaa, Jan 27, 12:13am
thanks.I was going to make savoury muffins.thought there might be something that I had in the house.maybe not

allspices, Jan 27, 8:15pm
I use Orgran No Egg natural egg replacer
(all that came off the packet) for baking when my grand daughter comes as she is egg allergic or intolerant - one of those.It seems to work OK. Life is much easier now she is nearly 7 as she's grown out of the dairy/soy milk problems. Thank goodness she now has only egg, peanut and kiwifruit to avoid. Hope the egg one goes with age. Good on her Mum for carefully watching her diet and making her understand what she could or couldn't have while younger.

yogideb, Mar 30, 4:44pm
Hi
I'm a vegetarian.I use 1 tbsp of plain yoghurt for every egg, works a treat.I noticed in PaknSave the other day they had a box which said "egg replacer" too.I have used this in the past but in my experience the yoghurt works best.