Christmas Morning Muffin Recipe Please ...

2halls, Dec 22, 6:32pm
Hi,I would like a nice fruity/spicy muffin recipe that I can throw together very quickly on Christmas morning,can anyone help ??Otherwise I'll just have to adapt something I already have...Many thanks :-)

pam.delilah, Dec 22, 6:37pm
here are two recipes

CHRISTMAS FRUITY SPICED MUFFINS.

2 cups self rising flour
1 and a half - 2 cups mixed fruit
1 cup brown sugar
1 Tblsp mixed spice
1 Tblsp cinnamon
half tsp ground cloves
1 lge egg
1 and a quarter cups milk
75g melted butter

Melt butter and then beat in egg and milk. Mix in everything else, but do NOT overmix. Spoon into 14 muffin holes. Bake 210c for 12-15 mins or until centre springs back.
Can serve with baileys spiked cream, or just plain butter... enjoy.

Christmas Muffins
1 cup yoghurt (plain or fruit is fine)
1 cup milk
100 grams butter, melted
70 gram packet whole almonds
3 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp each baking soda and salt
2 tsp mixed spice
1 cup caster sugar
1 cup Christmas fruit mince
2eggs, beaten

Sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, mixed spice and caster sugar into a bowl and make a well in the centre.
In a jug blend together the fruit mince, eggs, yoghurt and milk and blend into the dry ingredients folding in the melted butter as you go. Do not over mix.
Divide evenly between 12 well-greased muffin tins and top each with 2-3 whole almonds.
Bake at 220 degrees Celsius for 18-20 minutes until well risen, golden and cooked
Cool in the tin for 5 minutes before serving

calista, Dec 22, 7:58pm
Pam I copied the first one before when someone posted it.A tablespoon of mixed spice and a tablespoon of cinnamon seems a lot.Can you confirm it please.

Sorry, I kinow you're far more expert than I am, but my Christmas pud which has 600gms of fruit has only a teaspoon of each, so I am a bit puzzled.

Thanks

pickles7, Dec 22, 8:19pm
Not fruity or spicy but it is easy to get done with spices over Christmas. sift 2 cups of flour , 4 tsp baking powder , 3 Tblsp cocoa , add 1 cup of sugar....beat 2 eggs , 2/3 cup of oil , 2 cups of oil ,, mix wet into dry....half fill muffin tins, put a whole chocolate on that , and fill the muffin tins....bake 200% c.

pam.delilah, Dec 23, 12:53am
. HI calista, depends how spicy one likes it. I automatic put in just a teaspoon of each, as that how I like it. Will change the recipe in my notes, thanks Pam

2halls, Dec 23, 6:42am
Thanks Pam,I'm going to make the first recipe you gave (with the slightly lower spice content as you suggest).I've popped the fruit into a bowl already and drizzled it with whiskey to give it a bit of a "kick".Thanks so much for the help :-)

snapit, Dec 23, 6:52am
Make a basic plain muffin recipe and put a spoonful of Christmas mince in the centre.
There are basic muffin recipes in the trademecooks .net.nz site if you don't have one.
Make whatever size you like but making mini ones and a teaspoon of fruit mince is good as there is usually lots to eat and you don't want to fill up on just muffins.

510, Nov 2, 11:44am
Pam, I just baked your christmas fruity spicemuffins a year after this was posted they are beautiul light & oh so yummy. Highly reccomend this recipe.Thank you so much for posting this.