Can ginger bread men be frozen

bellyatobhs, Nov 1, 8:28pm
I want to make ginger bread men today and freeze them then pull them out Thursday and decorate them then package them up for sale on sunday, thoughts please just trying to save time as I have a busy week, or will they be stay fresh in a sealed container un iced? oh the dilemmas!

levintofu, Nov 1, 8:44pm
you can freeze the dough, i like to wrap liberally in cling film... and defrost in fridge night before use.
i also put crystallized ginger (easily found in Asian supermarkets) or candied ginger in the dough

i don't know that freezing the cookies will be ideal... you may find you lose the crispness/crunch... but between thus to Sunday you shouldn't need to store them in the freezer an airtight container (a silica packet might be a good idea)

greerg, Nov 1, 8:48pm
I have often frozen them and they seem fine - definitely still crisp. a family tradition has been gingerbread jesters from Tasman in Xmas stockings but I have to buy them when I'm in Nelson which is often months before Xmas but they seem just like fresh ones when thawed.

lilyfield, Nov 1, 8:48pm
I very often freeze cookies. No problems

levintofu, Nov 1, 8:52pm
if they arn't crisp you can always re-bake them for just a little bit... i had some shortbread that i revived in the oven from the freezer :)

bellyatobhs, Nov 1, 9:18pm
thats what I am affraid of that they will be soft,mmm I might just put them in an airtight container, ginger always tastes better after a few days, I hope! thanks for your answers guys.

bellyatobhs, Nov 1, 8:28pm
I want to make ginger bread men today and freeze them then pull them out Thursday and decorate them then package them up for sale on sunday, thoughts please just trying to save time as I have a busy week, or will they be stay fresh in a sealed container un iced! oh the dilemmas!

levintofu, Nov 1, 8:44pm
you can freeze the dough, i like to wrap liberally in cling film. and defrost in fridge night before use.
i also put fine chopped crystallized ginger (easily found in Asian supermarkets) or candied ginger in the dough

i don't know that freezing the cookies will be ideal. you may find you lose the crispness/crunch. but between today to Sunday you shouldn't need to store them in the freezer. an airtight container (a silica packet might be a good idea) should do the trick esp uniced.

greerg, Nov 1, 8:48pm
I have often frozen them and they seem fine - definitely still crisp. a family tradition has been gingerbread jesters from Tasman in Xmas stockings but I have to buy them when I'm in Nelson which is often months before Xmas but they seem just like fresh ones when thawed.

levintofu, Nov 1, 8:52pm
if they arn't crisp you can always re-bake them for just a little bit. i had some shortbread that i revived in the oven from the freezer :)

uli, Nov 2, 7:39am
They will be fine!
Go ahead and do them :)