FROZEN CROSSANTS

philpot3, Dec 22, 4:45am
Can you buy these, I think i may have had them once.You defrost them overnight then bake them in morning.Has anyone else heard of these and if so where do you get them from??Otherwise does anyone know if you can freeze crossants as I need them freash for xmas day, or will they last overnight maybe I could keep them in fridge.

uli, Dec 22, 5:07am
You can buy normal ones if you cannot find the half-baked ones. Just heat them up in the morning.

taniajane, Dec 22, 5:08am
Pastryhouse from new world supermarkets are really good.Dont thaw just stick them in the oven and 10 minutes later, yummy crossants.

lost-in-oz, Dec 22, 5:09am
I'm not sure if there's a Baker Boys in Wanganui, but they sell them at the stores in Christchurch.

petal1955, Dec 22, 5:44am
I buy them from my local Pak N Save (Petone) in the freezer section in the bakery. Ring and ask your local PNS and see if they are available :-)))

tortenz, Dec 22, 8:10am
Yea most supermarkets buy them in frozen to bake each morning, so if you can't find them you could always talk to the bakery at your local supermarket and see if they will sell you frozen ones.I can't imagine it will be a problem!

duckmoon, Dec 22, 8:18am
I purchased some - it was a scout fundraiser...

susieq9, Dec 22, 9:03am
I have frozen them before, and they come out like fresh.

rosathemad, Dec 2, 8:44pm
We found them (a big bagful) at an Asian supermarket - kind of random but they tasted great on Christmas morning last year! ;-) We have some of the Pastryhouse ones this year.