What can you do to rescue over whipped butter

levintofu, Sep 28, 3:05am
i was creaming some butter and sugar for the base of a frosting... but i think i may have gone a bit to far... is there anyway to come back from this?

lizab, Sep 28, 3:12am
add a little warm water from the kettle ;)

levintofu, Sep 28, 3:23am
i freaked out and put the whole thing in the fridge... now its rock hard.... gah.... i'm not having a good day

lizab, Sep 28, 3:32am
we all have days like that lol - hope you're able to rescue it :)
Edit: soften the butter mixture before adding the water, don't add it to the mixture straight from the fridge (I'm sure you would have known that tho)

fewspot, Oct 1, 9:27am
Make a batch of scones quickly, spread over hot scones with cream & strawberry jam & quickly eat the evidence.
then start over telling no one. :-)

lizab, Oct 1, 7:52pm
LOL!!!

indy95, Oct 1, 8:01pm
That's the best idea I've heard in ages !

mamaa, Oct 2, 9:59am
Geez this morning 8am, was micro butter in heavy glass jug.Went to get it out, and it fell straight out of my hand, hit the bench, and just went everywhere.Even all over my glasses and on my dam eyelashes.What a hell of a mess.... Butter Butter everywhere...
lol.....

levintofu, Oct 3, 9:11pm
thanks lizab it totally did the trick :) but the scones would have been my next go to, lol if i didn't need to do trip to the supermarket for more butter. (it was a huge batch of frosting)

lizab, Oct 3, 10:26pm
glad your frosting wasn't all wasted. I did a very very basic cake decorating course in the winter and when I over whipped my butter cream - didn't even realise this could be done - the teacher told me about adding the warm water :)

levintofu, May 5, 11:52pm
yeah i left it in the mixer and came back and my heart fell though my feet.... i didn't know it could happen either!
your cake dec course sounds like loads of fun!!