Banana cake recipe please

shannon45, May 16, 1:13am
Ok, so I cant cook to save my life but have some bananas that are needing to go in the bin... . . thought I could give a ckae a go... ?

Please help as I dont have a recipe

kaysu, May 16, 1:17am
key in banana cake on l/h message board then enter anytime

shannon45, May 16, 1:20am
Thanks =)

helton1, May 16, 1:54am
I use the edmonds cook book one. Its never failed : )

samsnan, May 16, 5:47am
Mckenzies (sp) recipe on here is very good. I made it today and it sure is good. Much better and easier than Edmonds.

theanimal1, May 16, 9:51am
BANANA CAKE 125 g butter 3/4 c sugar 2 eggs 1 c mashed bananas 1 tsp baking soda 2 tbsp hot milk 2 c flour 1 tsp baking powder Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Add mashed banana and mix thoroughly. Stir soda into hot milk and add to creamed mixture. Sift flour and baking powder together. Stir into mixture. Turn into a greased and lined 20cm round cake tin. Bake at 180 C for 50 mins or until cake springs back when lightly touched

Banana Cake
100g. Butter 200g. Sugar 2 Eggs 2-3 Bananas 225g. Flour
1 tsp. Baking Powder 1 level tsp. Baking Soda dissolved in 2 Tabs.
milk
a few drops of Vanilla Essence

Cream butter and sugar, add eggs, then crushed bananas.
Add flour and B. P. and finally soda and milk, and Vanilla Ess.

Bake in a greased ring tin . . at 190o C 3/4 - 1 hour - or -
in a flat tin for approx. 1/2 an hour.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~-
~~~~~~~~~~

Caramel banana cake

Serving size: Serves 8
Cooking time: Less than 60 minutes

INGREDIENTS

125g butter
¾ cup brown sugar, firmly packed
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 cup very ripe mashed banana (about 2 large bananas)
1½ cups self-raising flour
½ cup sour cream
1 teaspoon bicarbonate soda
1 tablespoon milk
CARAMEL ICING
60g butter
½ cup brown sugar
2 tablespoons sour cream
1½ cups icing sugar, sifted

METHOD

1. Preheat oven to moderate, 180°C. Lightly grease a 15 x 25cm loaf pan. Line base and sides with baking paper.
2. In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs one at a time until well-combined.
3. Add mashed banana, half the flour, and all the sour cream and soda. Stir in rest of flour and milk until combined.
4. Pour into prepared pan. Bake for 55-60 minutes until cooked when tested with a skewer. Leave in pan for 5 minutes before turning onto a wire rack to cool.
5. CARAMEL ICING. Melt butter and sugar in a small saucepan on low, stirring constantly until sugar dissolves. Blend in sour cream. Bring to the boil.
6. Remove from heat and stir in icing sugar until combined. Cool until icing is of a spreadable consistency. Spread icing over cake. Store in an airtight container.

jaybee2003, May 16, 10:08am
Hi Shannon, Here's a Melt and Mix Banana Cake recipe that was hot property on the TradeMe Recipe Message Board about 5 years ago. I forget who the original poster was but here is the recipe again. I [and I am sure many others here too] have made this 100's of times. Very quick and easy.

MELT AND MIX BANANA CAKE

150g butter, 3/4 C sugar, 2 eggs, 1 tsp vanilla essence, 2 C flour, 2 tsp baking powder, 1/2 tsp baking soda, 1/2 C milk, 1 Cup - about 2 - mashed bananas.
Melt butter, remove from heat and add sugar, eggs and vanilla essence. Mix well. Sift flour, baking powder and baking soda on top of melted mixture. Mix togetehr carefully, then slowly add milk and mashed bananas. Pour into well greased and lined 20cm cake tin and bake 180C for 30 - 40 mins. Ice with chocolate icing.

I use a silicone cake tin, no greasing, no lining, nor do I ice it.

cookessentials, May 20, 2:26am
Hummingbird Cake

2 egg whites
1/3 cup sugar
1 teaspoon bicarb soda
½ cup apple sauce (from a jar)
1 cup mashed banana
¼ cup (25g) walnuts chopped
3/4 cup drained canned crushed pineapple (in natural Juice)
1 teaspoon mixed spice
2 cups self-raising flour
cooking spray

Icing
1 cup icing sugar
1 tablespoon save pineapple juice (from can)
2 teaspoons butter

METHOD

Preheat oven to 180°C fan forced. Drain pineapple keeping juice for icing. In a large mixing bowl beat egg whites and sugar for 1 minute using electric beater. Stir bicarb soda into apple sauce (it will froth) and add to bowl. Mix in mashed banana, walnuts, drained pineapple and mixed spice, blend ingredients together well.

Gently fold flour into mixture in one go, DO NOT BEAT, as this will make the cake tough. Pour mixture into a round cake tin (19cm) that has been coated with cooking spray. Bake 35- 40 minutes or until firm to touch in the centre. Allow cake to sit for 5 minutes in tin before turning onto a wire rack to cool.

Once cake has cooled, place all icing ingredients into a small mixing bowl, blend together until smooth. Spread over top of cake. In humid weather it is best to keep this cake refrigerated.

griffo4, May 20, 6:58am
ln the left hand side put "best banana cake ever and then anytime in the date posted
it has sour cream in it l put the whole 250g tub in and it is so nice the best one l have made and l have made a few different ones, lol

michelle145, May 20, 7:10am
Are banana cakes always dense, or am i just a sh! t cook?

cookessentials, May 23, 8:43am
They should be reasonably light, the baking soda in banana cakes definately helps. I am sure you are not a sh! t cook though.