Basic cup cake recipe please

catsmeat1, Oct 3, 7:36am
Hi, have just moved to a real house after ten years living in a caravan, so have upgraded from the whisk to an electric egg beater. Woo hoo.
Anyway I am keen to make simple cupcakes. I have a recipe that looks really nice consistency but I am finding the tops are cracking a bit and then collapsing a bit, so looking for an alternative. This is the recipe I have, liking the level of sweetness. Please give me your favourite recipe. Thanks
125g butter, half cup sugar, 1 tsp vanilla essence - cream. Add 2 beaten eggs. Sift tog 1 cup plain flour, 2 tsp baking powder. Beat in flour alternatively with quarter cup of milk. Makes 12 medium cupcakes - make 15-20 minutes at 180 deg C.

valentino, Oct 3, 7:29pm
For a Comparison. Be wary of Baking powder, can cause a quicker rise hence cracking the tops, also placement in the oven, should be about between a quarter to a third way up from the bottom of oven.

CUP CAKES

Cupcakes:
125 grams soft butter
1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar (A Very Heaped ½ cup)
2 eggs
125 grams plain flour
1/3 cup cornflour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 to 3 tablespoons milk

Special equipment: 12 bun muffin pan, lined with cupcake papers.
Take everything you need out of the fridge in time to get to room temperature - and this makes a huge difference to the lightness of the cupcakes later - and preheat the oven to 180C.
Put all of the ingredients for the cupcakes except for the milk into a food processor and blitz until smooth or beat in an electric beater. Pulse or beat while adding the milk down the funnel, to make a smooth dropping consistency.
Divide the mixture between a 12-bun muffin tin lined with cupcake papers, and bake in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes. They should have risen and be golden on top. Let them cool a little in their tins on a rack, and then take them carefully out of the tin to cool in their papers, still on the wire rack.
These keep extremely well.

Iced with a nice icing of choice.

catsmeat1, Oct 4, 4:00am
Thanks valentino, will try it out tonight. I suspected my recipe might be a bit too soft, your recipe has the change in raising agents, the extra cornflour and a bit less milk, so fingers crossed. Will report back tomorrow.

catsmeat1, Oct 4, 7:21am
Excellent worked really well. Thanks.

flower-child01, Oct 4, 8:35am
Basic cupcakes
1 1/2 c flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla
pinch salt
2 eggs
3/4 c castor sugar
1/2 c milk
125g (4oz) butter
Sift dry ingredients in mixing bowl. Add softened butter, vanilla, eggs and milk. Beat with electric mixer at low speed and beat for 1 minute then increase speed and beat for an extra 2 minutes. Bake 200C (400F) for 12-15 minutes.

This is my recipe and it is so adaptable from bramasole.nz

sarahb5, Dec 17, 3:10pm
Nigella Lawson’s recipe is the best I’ve found

https://www.nigella.com/recipes/cupcakes