Parsnip Soup - Missing Something

petmacorpltd, May 26, 8:00am
I have just made parsnip soup for a function tomorrow - it is missing a flavour. I have added some chicken stock and a little curry powder. Anything ideas on whatI can jazz it up with?

motorbo, May 26, 8:15am
sounds like you had my problem, as buzzy said to me did I have fat in it fat gives flavour - so does it need some butter? seasoning? btw my vege soup rocks today and all I did was season it with stock and salt and pepper and added a bit of fat

awoftam, May 26, 8:15am
Fat - Bacon? Parmesan? Opps probably not with curry powder. some of the better cooks will come in and help!

sampa, May 26, 8:25am
Cumin, coriander, orange zest - in moderation these might help.

sarahb5, May 26, 8:26am
Nutmeg works well with parsnip

ritebuy, May 26, 8:43pm
peanut butter yes a good tablespoon also when serving rushed nuts on top our fav is parsnip and peanut fritters they are delis

nauru, May 26, 11:28pm
Care to share your recipe for the fritters?

nauru, May 26, 11:29pm
Care to share your recipe for the fritters, they sound nice, TIA?

bedazzledjewels, May 26, 11:36pm
I made a parsnip soup last weekend but it involved roasting parsnips, cauli and garlic first wth cumin and smoked paprika. Then adding it to stock.

ritebuy, May 27, 8:38pm
Roast the parsnips and mash with peanut butter a good heaped tablespoon mix in a little flour to bind and cook in frypan you can make heaps using an egg and flour batter but I only cook for one so just use the ist method

motorbo, May 27, 9:56pm
wow. so instead of ideas you just come in to put me down? thanks I shall remember to avoid your posts in future

davidt4, May 27, 10:02pm
Motorbo, I think you have misinterpreted the post. I think awoftam meant "some of the better cooks than I am will come in and help". No?

mjhdeal, May 27, 11:22pm
Lol, I agree with david4's interpretation!

I made this parsnip soup ages ago, and thought it was good, lots of different additions:
http://www.healthyfood.co.nz/recipes/2007/july/curried-parsnip-soup

holly-rocks, May 28, 2:25am
100% positive you have misinterpreted the post.

awoftam was in no way putting you down!

If you look at the time, you both posted at 8.15.

petmacorpltd, May 28, 6:31am
I added nutmeg, more stock, salt and pepper, lemon rind. Everyone loved it, I thought it could have been better. mjhdeal I will try that recipe next it looks more interesting that mine.
Thanks for the ideas. I always appreciate the advice on this site.

motorbo, Jul 2, 2:17am
my apologies, if I did read it wrong, with the comment of fat that I suggested I thought they were picking on me. gosh I feel bad now that im so quick to think people in recipes are ready to have a go