Cream cheese recipes pls

bappy, Apr 29, 1:48am
I have a cream cheese that is going to expire soon. I dont want to use it for icing (which is why I originally bought it). Any easy ideas what I can use it for ?

margyr, Apr 29, 1:54am
chop up some pickled onions and gherkins, put some piccalilli and relish and sweet chili sauce all in a bowl with the cream cheese and using a fork or potato masher mix it all together, shape into a ball and roll in peanuts, yummy as a spread. I also make it and then put it back into the cream cheese container, it then has its own lid.

margyr, Apr 29, 1:56am
x1
make a biscuit crumb base in a pie dish, whip a bottle of cream, mash the cream cheese with a tin of crushed pineapple, and some orange juice, add a little icing sugar some vanilla essence and the cream, mix it together and put onto biscuit base. This can also be frozen, i cut it up first though so can just get portion sizes out of freezer.

margyr, Apr 29, 1:57am
It is yummy also in mashed spuds, or baked ones.

cookessentials, Apr 29, 1:58am
lemon and cream cheese muffins

2 cups flour
2tsp Baking Powder
3/4 cup sugar
75g butter
1 cup milk
1 egg
grated rind of 1 large lemon
1/4 cup lemon juice
1/4 cup sugar
250g Cream Cheese

Mix the dry ingredients. Add combined melted butter, milk, egg and lemon rind. Combine
the liquids to the dry ingredients. Fill 12 well greased muffin tins halfway, with the mixture,
and add 1T of cream cheese. Top each with the remaining muffin mixture. Bake 200C for
10 minutes.
Topping: Stir together lemon juice and sugar, and drizzle over hot muffins. Dust with icing
sugar when cold.

245sam, Apr 29, 1:59am
bappy, before you get too concerned about using your cream cheese before it "expires soon", are you aware that cream cheese, like most other similar dairy products, is ok for quite some time after that 'expiry date'? - It should be ok for at least 1 month after but it can also be frozen or there are lots of uses for cream cheese... . cheesecake is an obvious one, but other uses include truffles, cheese sauce and it can also be used in baking.
Try doing a search here on this Trademe MB using 'cream cheese' as the Keywords and 'Anytime' as the Date posted option. There has been a number of earlier threads on this same topic and a search will give you recipes plus other ideas for using the cream cheese. :-))

qwilta, Apr 29, 6:45am
Green Dip

1 x punnet of cream cheese
1 x jar Aristocrat Gherkin Relish

Place ingredients into a food processer and blitz until creamy and green! Exceedingly yummy dip! I always get asked for the recipe and people can't believe how simple it is :- )

emma_tui, Apr 29, 9:01am
yes i have both these, am off to have some chips and dip now

catsmeat1, Apr 29, 9:08am
hmmm, for savoury snacks I spread it on crackers and put tomato relish on top - for a sweet snack spread it on a sweet plain bikkie (crispie, girl guide bikkie) and jam on top. A GREAT way to use up left over cream cheese.
Also I cut it into squares and add to salads, just as tasty as feta cheese.

bappy, Apr 29, 10:22am
Thanks a lot everyone for your recipes. Thanks a lot 245sam for the idea of looking up previous threads. It is amazing how many had the same query I raised.

Off to the pantry, to check which of these recipes I can try out.

mikew, Apr 30, 11:22am
Fried bacon, can of Indian tomatoes... . stir in some cream cheese.
Mix in some boiled pasta... yum.

Quick and easy light meal

aktow, Mar 19, 6:57pm
you can make stuffed chicken breast of cream cheese, bacon etc
or make cream cheese and avocado mixed together, or salmon and cream cheese mixed together. great between French bread