Soft food ideas

kirmag, Nov 6, 11:24pm
for stubborn males that take their time going to the dentist.Besides scrambled eggs which is all I can think of at the moment, what else can I cook for dinner!TIA

geldof, Nov 6, 11:41pm
Rice risotto
Mince in various forms
Pasta

Maybe just make your normal meals and put them through the food processor.Might encourage him to go to the Dentist.;)

kirmag, Nov 6, 11:50pm
Hahahaha evil. could work!

Put this in general too and someone came up with fish pie, mash topping. so easy done.

245sam, Nov 6, 11:55pm
kirmag, many years ago before he became my DH and because he had had anaesthetic for the removal of all his teeth I was responsible for taking care of him while his parents were away so for something that he assured me he would enjoy eating with his very raw gums I prepared salmon in parsley sauce - it was indeed very very popular (and still is to this day!).I don't recall what I accompanied the salmon with but I would suggest if your "stubborn males" have had extractions and have few, if any teeth, then mashed or very well cooked vegetables that need no chewing.By the time my DH got his dentures he could even eat a nice tender steak with his bare gums.

Other suggestions would be soups, quiche - anything soft really or anything that does not require chewing but NOT mince if there are raw gums from extractions as the small pieces of meat can become stuck in the gum sockets and cause infections.Alternatively any food could be pureed - I tried that after having my teeth extracted and did not like the meal all pureed together, however I couldn't be bothered doing each food separately so my stomach ruled and because I had dentures immediately after the extractions I gave chewing a go, assisted by painkillers - it still hurt but my stomach felt better for it and it wasn't too long before I was able to eat most things, steaks excepted but I'm not that fond of steak anyway.

Hope that helps.:-))

kirmag, Nov 7, 12:34am
thanks 245sam that does indeed help!