Cannelloni with pork mince

sarahb5, Aug 21, 10:06pm
Does anyone have a good recipe, preferably one that doesn't include spinach!

Thanks

245sam, Aug 21, 10:37pm

sarahb5, Aug 21, 10:53pm
Yeah that's the recipe I keep finding as well - I'm happy to have spinach but the kids don't like it - I could use some and hope they don't notice if I chop it really fine (or I can get away with telling them it's parsley or other herbs) and maybe I could use some peeled and grated zucchini instead.

245sam, Aug 21, 11:10pm
How about this one sarahb5!I found it in one of my many recipe files - it's from NZ Pork.

CANNELLONI
For 4 servings.

Trim Pork Stuffing:
1 tbsp oil
500g pork mince
1 large onion, finely diced
2 celery stalks, finely diced
1-2 garlic cloves, crushed (optional)
½ cup dry white wine
1 cup chicken stock
1 tbsp tomato paste
200g mushrooms, chopped
¼ tsp freshly grated nutmeg
¼ cup cream
2 tbsp chopped parsley
saltandpepper

12-16 cannelloni tubes, preferably instant
2 cups tomato sauce, home made or commercial Italian style
¼-½ cup grated parmesan cheese

Heat the oil in a large frying pan, add the pork mince and stir over a high heat until the mince has browned.Reduce the heat.
Stir in the onion, celery and garlic.Cook for 2-3 minutes.Add the wine, chicken stock and tomato paste.Bring to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer uncovered for 20-30 minutes.Stir occasionally.
Stir in the mushrooms and nutmeg, continue to simmer for a further 10-15 minutes or until most of the liquid has evaporated.Remove from the heat, cool slightly then stir in the cream and parsley.Season with salt and pepper.
Stuff the cannelloni tubes with the pork mixture. (If not using instant cannelloni then pre-cook the tubes in a large quantity of boiling salted water.)
Arrange the cannelloni in a lightly greased ovenproof dish.Cover with the tomato sauce and sprinkle the parmesan cheese over the top.
Bake at180°Cfor35-45 minutes, or until the sauce is bubbling and the cheese golden brown.

Hope that helps.:-))

sarahb5, Aug 21, 11:30pm
Thanks for your help - I think I'm going to go with the first one - seems a bit lighter