Needed - Cinnamon Oyster Recipe Please

gerry64, Apr 15, 11:49pm
My Mum used to make them - they were lovely -

jessie981, Apr 16, 12:12am
x1

whitehead., Apr 16, 12:35am
x5
alison holst had one too they are yummy you can make them full them with cream and freeze them they go all squshy yum

mwood, Apr 16, 1:47am

moore., May 3, 9:12am
x1
ive always made them from the edmonds recipe, they are always so popular,thanks for reminding me !

donnabeth, May 7, 2:34am
I have old cinnamon oyster baking tins which are deep patty tins with a rounded bottom. They are much deeper than sponge drop tins. i want some for my daughter(and wouldn't mind new ones for myself) but they simply can't be bought anywhere. i have seen them second hand, but they are all rusty. Making them in muffin tins means they lose their 'oyster' shape. What sort of tins do you all use!

cookessentials, May 10, 10:43pm

macandrosie, May 15, 8:28am
x2
Actually donnabeth you can buy the cinnamon oyster pans at the warehouse.
This is a recipe I use, don't use freshor cold eggs.

Cinnamon Oysters
3 eggs [not cold or fresh]
¾ cup sugar
1 tab golden syrup
¾ cup corn flour
1 tsp flour
1 tsp mixed spice
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp cocoa
½ tsp cream of tartar
½ tsp baking soda
Beat egg whites till stiff. Add yolks, sugar & warmed golden syrup. Beat well.Fold in sifted dry ingredients. Half fill sprayed muffin pans.Bake at 190°C for 10mins.Cool & fill with cream 2-3 hrs before they are needed. Dust with icing sugar just before serving.

cookessentials, May 15, 8:50am
Old fashioned patty pans with rounded bottoms are available.

whitehead., May 15, 9:41am
with rusty pans scrub till clean with dish wash and then rub well with butter and put in a hot oven till you get blue smoke turn oven off and leave in there till cold you will kill the rust