Helen Jackonson's recipe wanted

neshka, Jan 13, 3:03am
Could somebody please give me the one from this
"Helen Jackson's kitchen" book

Double chocolate cookies. (I think thats what they are called)

Thanks

cookessentials, Jan 13, 3:14am
Not sure if this is the one you want but it came up when I googled it. It is from the radio Live show

125g butter
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 egg
1/2 cup sour cream
1 tsp vanilla extract
125g dark chocolate, melted
1 3/4 cups flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1/2 cup chopped glace cherries
125g dark chocolate, chopped into pieces

Method

Beat butter and sugar until pale and creamy.

Add egg and beat well.

Mix in sour cream, vanilla and melted chocolate and then mix in flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, walnuts, cherries and chocolate pieces.

Refrigerate dough for 30 minutes.

Preheat oven to 180 C. Place spoonfuls of dough onto a greased or lined cold baking tray and bake for 10-12 minutes until firm.

Cool cookies on a wire rack and then store in an airtight container.

neshka, Jan 13, 3:20am
I dont think thats the one but thankyou :-) From what i can remember it was a dark chocolate fudgey biscuit with either white chocolate or some kind of white nut in it. Tried googling as well but couldnt find it.

fifie, Jan 13, 3:29am

neshka, Jan 13, 3:33am
That looks wonderful but i've only seen this particular recipe (that i'm after). in that book. And didn't want to buy a whole book for one recipe! lol tho i'm sure i'd bake other stuff. But just want THAT recipe! :-)

neshka, Jan 13, 4:50am
anyone! surely one of you avid bakers/cookers must own a copy :-)

nfh1, Jan 13, 5:31am
Did you look at the link neshka! - that has a recipe for Double Choc Brownies on it.It is not a link to a book.

strange, Jan 13, 5:56am
cookies not brownie :-)

nfh1, Jan 13, 6:00am
strange wrote:
cookies not brownie :-)[/quote

Ooops sorry - did not realise they were different - do not eat anything with sugar in.

strange, Jan 13, 7:44am
Ive seen that recipe before but thought it was different to the one in the book! Does anyone have the book and can at least confirm if it's the same one. I was put off by that recipe because of the amount of sugar

nfh1, Jan 13, 7:47am
Sorry don't have the book - are you the Op as well!

strange, Jan 13, 7:52am
oh sorry. yeah. this is my hubbies account. I usually just use his but thought he'd prefer me coming in under my one.

nfh1, Jan 13, 7:53am
LOL - no problem, I just thought it was a coincidence you were both looking at the same cookery book!

strange, Jan 13, 7:56am
well maybe if it was someone else. we could go halves and buy the book! ;-)

nfh1, Jan 13, 7:57am
Good thinking! Is the book in the library!

strange, Jan 13, 8:26am
Chances are if it is. it's out. Was going to make them tonight but maybe another time now :-) or if no one replies with the actual recipe then maybe i'll try the one on the website and cut down the sugar.

strange, Jan 13, 10:24am
still hoping.

nimbus, Jan 13, 10:41am
Here we go strange .

Double Chocolate Cookies
175g butter
1 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 egg
1 1/2 cups (220g) flour
1/4 cup (25g) cocoa
100g dark chocolate, roughly chopped
100 g white chocolate bits
Preheat the oven to 160C.Grease or line a baking tray with baking paper.Beat butter and sugar in a bowl until pale and creamy.Add vanilla and egg and mix well.Combine flour and cocoa and added to creamed butter and sugar along with the chocolate chunks and bits.Mix together.
Shape large teaspoonfuls of mixture into mounds and place on a cold baking tray.Bake for 15-20 minutes until firm on the outside but now crisp.Cool on a wire rack and store in an airtight container.

Its a really good cookbook, very practical and worth buying.

Enjoy the cookies!

neshka, Jan 13, 5:42pm
Thanks! I thought it was diff than website cos i remember thinking. ok thats a better amount of sugar when i saw this one in the book, Thanks again.

neshka, Jan 13, 7:01pm
just double checking. no raising agent!

nimbus, Jan 13, 7:49pm
Just checked . and no raising agent.I might make them today also, they do look yum.

nfh1, Jan 13, 9:02pm
and I have learnt that cookies, biscuits and brownies are all different!

strange, Jan 14, 3:41am
I DID manage to get hold of the book. amazingly enough it was at the library today. yay. the morning glory muffins look good too. under the breakfast section

daisybel, Jan 15, 8:08pm
The above cookies are fudgy and really good when eaten warm from the oven.If you make the dough you can then refrigerate or freeze it and then cook it for warm cookies as required.