Lazy and hopeless at Xmas puds but hav ideas.

thuntzster, Dec 17, 7:25am
Please share yours.
Number 1; Halve eskimo pies diagonally and drizzle cornflour thickened tin of boysenberries heated over the top-serve with crumbled flake

thuntzster, Dec 17, 7:30am
Number 2: chunky cut melons, kiwifruit, pineapple and strawberries served on skewers with melted white chocolate drizzled over the top

thuntzster, Dec 17, 7:32am
Number 3 : Store bought pavlova, covered in whipped cream with strawberries and kiwifruit that has been marinaded in cointreau for an hour beforehand

thuntzster, Dec 17, 7:35am
No 4: Gingernut log:1 packet of Couplands gingernut biscuits. Dunk each one in sherry or port and layer with whipped cream to form a log.Cover with whipped cream then stud with chopped cristalized ginger, cinnamon and flake bars.

thuntzster, Dec 17, 7:37am
No 5: Fill shop bought brandy snaps with liquer flavoured cream, layer artfully and break a flake bar over the top!

thuntzster, Dec 17, 7:39am
I have many more lazy ideas but want to hear from you! Anyone else spent hours and many, many $ onvery ordinary desserts!

leonie11, Dec 17, 8:28am
give me more! they are great ideas

thuntzster, Dec 17, 8:54am
No 6: Mini Banoffie pies : buy supermarket bought ready cooked mini pastry cases,slice a banana, fill with caramelized condensed milk and top each one with a chocolate button. How easy is this one!

thuntzster, Dec 17, 9:11am
No 7: My equally lazy sister-in-law bought a packet of meringues- layered a tower of 6 of them as a base, 4 on top of that, then three, then 1: smothered them with whipped cream, studded them with raspberries and crumbled a flake over the top. Took her 3 minutes to prepare as she was talking and drinking wines and it was the most successful dessert of the night.

jenner4, Dec 17, 9:39am
Well I never , I have been so stupid all these years , cooking and baking , baking and cooking , whipping and mixing , WELL no more as I am over it , thank you thuntzster[ well I will do the trifle and I have the steam pud ready but thats it , but I have promised a mango romallard [sp] for granddad but after that I have finished ] next year its Eskimo pies for every one

wheelz, Dec 17, 9:51am
romallard.a rolled pav!

shop-a-holic, Dec 17, 9:58am
(mwah kisses) you said one key word tonight: Couplands.
Gosh! Brings back so many memories and I now want pan fried Segg for breakfast. Thanks for making me really hungry. xox

elliehen, Dec 17, 10:12am
I like this one!Am still thinking about my contribution.

elliehen, Dec 17, 10:13am
I can see a flake bar theme throughout ;)

shop-a-holic, Dec 17, 10:18am
I'm dedicating a thread to Segg.

elliehen, Dec 17, 10:20am

tinkagirl, Dec 17, 6:22pm
dont forget the tupperware trifle, 1 sponge, 1 tin blackberries and wipped cream, layered in their jelly ring and pressed down with the lid.make in the morning or night before. doesn't get much easier than that one.

gaspodetwd, Dec 17, 6:27pm
Croquembouche. Store bought profiteroles. Make a mountain, dot with fresh strawberries in the gaps.
Make a caramel ( really easy actually) and spin the sugar over the top.
It looks incredible.
Just don't put it in the fridge once you've done the caramel - or it disappears!

tipsy_bl0nde, Dec 17, 11:30pm
Quick chocolate fudge pudding. Store bought chocolate sponge, Hersheys Jar of chocolate sauce (you heat the whole jar up) and whipped cream.
cut sponge in half fill with cream (or chocolate) sandwich together chop into small squares and COVER in chocolate sauce. Serve with whipped cream. Just like dennys but makes PLENTY :)

kassie48, Dec 17, 11:47pm
I'm doing the lge pottle of mixed berry youghut, stir through pkt fr mixed berries & marshmellows just before serving.
Assorted Brandy baskets.

thuntzster, Dec 18, 6:11am
These are good. keep them coming!

leigh71, Dec 18, 8:33pm
Lemon Curd Dessert
Gently mix together a 400g tub of natural Greek yogurt, 75g lemon curd &1 tablespoon lemon juice & chill. The top can be sprinkled with soft brown sugar if wished.
This can be made the night before & can be served with strawberries or in a pavlova, pancakes or trifle, it can be made with a mixture of Greek yoghurt & Cream or Mascapone.

thuntzster, Dec 19, 6:18am
Caramel/Bourbon Sauce
Melt 1/2 c butter in a saucepan, add 1/2 c brown sugar- thicken 2 minutes. add 2/3 cup cream and 1 tbsp bourbon until combined, thicken in fridge.
This can be served with meringues, profiteroles, brandy snaps or pavs. Keep the postings coming and I will give you the best ever and easiest Turasimu