Egg Yolks

elliehen, Sep 3, 12:44am
I looked for an older thread to post this fascinating way to separate egg yolk from white.You don't need sound.

http://bbs.wenxuecity.com/cooking/1160651.html

samanya, Sep 3, 4:01am
That is fascinating, indeedy!

ange164, Sep 3, 4:16am
I tried it today just for fun, with a 1.5 litre sprite bottle. It works exactly as well as you see it working in the video.

dilligaf_dah, Sep 3, 4:23am
make icecream that takes a lot of egg yokes
I usually make picklets and freeze the picklets.

actiongirl1, Dec 17, 1:00am
I am making quite a few pav rolls this week and would like some ideas as to what to do with the leftover yolks.
Not into scrambled eggs.
I have made up the filling for the pavs made with yolks, lemon and crushed pineapple
Cheers ladies

gilligee, Dec 17, 1:01am
Cover with glad wrap and freeze.

kiwitrish, Dec 17, 1:08am
It took me ages to find a good cake recipe using only egg yolks but finally did it. It last for ages in the fridge and cuts really well.
This recipe is for 5 egg yolks but it tastes really good. I made mine in a loaf tin.
Here is a recipe for a yolk only pound cake. It's adapted from my mom's 40s-era Betty
Crocker. It's called Loaf O'Gold--and it is very gold in appearance. It's a good use of extra
yolks or a good way to get some extra whites :)
1/2 cup butter
1 c. sugar
5 egg yolks
1 tsp. vanilla
1 and 3/4 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
3/4 c. milk
Cream the butter and sugar until fluffy. add yolks one at a time, then vanilla, beat until very light and mousse-like in texture.
Wisk together dry ingredients. Add to batter, alternating with milk.
Pour into a greased and floured loaf pan. Bake at 180 degrees for 60-70 minutes.
If you type in egg yolks in the search, left hand side of screen, there are heaps of great ideas.

spunkeymonkey, Dec 17, 2:41am
would love the recipe for the filling it sounds yummy

elliehen, Dec 17, 2:48am

actiongirl1, Dec 17, 8:13am
I got this recipe from this site, but do not know who put it up.

I put 3 beaten egg yolks in a pot with 2 dstp of sugar, a dstp butter, 1 tsp lemon juice some grated lemon rind and 1 medium tin of crushed pineapple.Stir over a low heat until it thickens, if not thick enough mix a little cornflour with water and thicken like that.I spread it over the pav roll when cold then whipped cream on top of that.I found this mixture makes enough for 2 of my pav rolls.
Enjoy!