Egg yolks for Lemon Curd ?

sagenthyme, Nov 29, 9:10pm
Can you use just egg yolks or would it have to be whole eggs ! I have never made lemon curd but I'm trying to find a way to use the yolks after making the Pav. Most of the time I give them to the dogs.

nanasee1, Nov 29, 9:21pm
You can use just the yolk, I've done it in the past.

sagenthyme, Nov 29, 9:33pm
Any idea how many to use ! Or lemon juice to yolk mix !

battgirl, Nov 29, 9:36pm
This recipe worked well for me. Egg yolks are wasted on the dog! http://www.marthastewart.com/348239/lemon-curd

harrislucinda, Nov 29, 10:21pm
usallyhave1withwhitesImadethemicrowavecurdsandhadmore justyolks

davidt4, Nov 29, 10:55pm
Lemon Curd

60g unsalted butter
130g caster sugar
finely grated zest of two lemons (or one lemon and one tangelo)
4 egg yolks
100 ml lemon juice

In a small heavy bottomed saucepan melt the butter over very low heat. Meanwhile beat the yolks and sugar together until well combined but not foamy, add lemon juice and mix. Pour into pan and stir well, raise heat to medium and stir constantly until the foam dissipates and it thickens. This will take about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and continue to stir for a minute, pour into containers. Cover when cold and keep in the fridge.

sarahb5, Nov 30, 4:19am
This is the recipe I use very successfully although this time I used 1 large lemon and 2 small limes - I like it but my daughter doesn't and it is a strange colour:

Microwave Lemon Honey

2 eggs + 1 yolk, 1/2 cup sugar, juice & zest of 2 large lemons. (I often use a little more lemon and it still sets the same.)

Lightly whisk eggs, add the rest. Microwave on High in 30 second bursts, whisking between, for a total of 2-3 mins. Keep in fridge for up to 14 days, or freeze and scoop straight from freezer.

dollmakernz, Nov 30, 10:30am
This is a good way to use up the yolks
Egg Yolk Sponge
Beat together 3-4 egg yolks and ½c sugar. Add ¼c boiling water and beat again.
sift and add 3oz flour, 1oz cornflour, 1tsp baking powder and a pinch of salt.
Bake 180º in a loose bottom tin

whitehead., Dec 1, 2:15am
im laze i use the lemon curd you buy in a bottle in the shops it never fails to be set and it always tastes the same . i do short bread cases very thin ones cooked and topped witha large teaspoon of curd and some beatten cream there is never any left . when going out i take cases and curd and cream with me and put it together were im goingyummy and so easy

whitehead., Dec 1, 2:16am
you get thin shortbread by rolling between two sheets of cooking paper . it does not stick