Licorice Icecream recipe please.

scroogeus, Nov 14, 4:31am
Looking to buy ready made licorice, is just the other important parts of the recipe I need please.

pam.delilah, Nov 14, 5:59am
take you pick
Licorice Ice Cream
Liquorice ice-cream

Ingredients
250 g Liquorice
500 ml cream, whipped
3 egg whites
1/2 cup sugar
Boiling water.
Method
Break up liquorice and place in a bowl.
Barely cover liquorice with boiling water
Let soak for 30 min.
Put liquorice and water into blender and puree.
Fold whipped cream and liquorice together.
Beat the egg whites slowly adding the sugar until they form peaks
Gently fold beaten white with the cream and liquorice
Put in freezer until frozen.
Liquorice ice-cream

Ingredients
• 200g Black Knight licorice
• 2 tablespoons Pernod or black sambuca
• ½ cup sugar syrup
• 6 egg yolks
• 1/3 cup caster sugar
• 2 cups cream, lightly whipped
Method
Chop the licorice into small pieces.Placed in a deep, thick-based saucepan and cover with the Pernod or sambuca and sugar syrup.Cook over a low heat and allow the licorice to soften with the liquid.Be patient – this takes a while.Transfer to a food processor and blend well.
In a stainless steel bowl placed over a saucepan of hot water, whisk the egg yolks and sugar together until a thick sabayon is reached (ribbon stage).Remove from the heat and add the licorice mixture to the sabayon.Allow to cool, then place in the refrigerator for 10 minutes to firm.
Stir the whipped cream into the sabayon and mix thoroughly.Transfer to a clean ice cream container, or similar container, and freeze overnight.
Cheat’s liquorice ice cream

1 cup of chopped (6 pieces) soft liquorice
2 litres vanilla ice cream
Extra liquorice or allsorts for decoration

Soak liquorice overnight for at least 6 hours, in enough cold water to cover.

Soften Ice cream spoon half into a food processor, add drained liquorice, and blend thoroughly than stir in remaining ice cream
Refreeze ice cream , will keep for 3-4 weeks
Garnish with liquorice pieces or allsorts.

Liquorice Icecream
450mls water
3⁄4lb (340g or 2 cups) sugar
300g finely chopped liquorice ( Use Black Knight)
12 egg yolks
1 litre cream
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1⁄3 cup Sambuca (black or white)
Method
Place the water and sugar in a medium-sized, heavy-based saucepan. Bring to the boil and add chopped liquorice. Bring to boil again, then turn down to simmering point. Simmer until the mix becomes syrupy. Cool.
With an electric beater, beat the egg yolks until they are thick and creamy. Lightly whip the cream with the vanilla until soft peaks are formed. Add the liquorice mixture to the egg yolks on low speed. Add Sambuca and keep beating for 4 minutes.
Remove the bowl and carefully fold in the cream, being sure not to overwork. Pour into a container and freeze for at least 24 hours.
Serve with almond tuiles and a crème anglaise flavoured with a little white Sambuca. Serves 10.

pam.delilah, Nov 14, 6:01am
Wendys have a really one . Brought out for the RWC. Liquorice alsorts. Yummy. Although I find wendys, dear for an ice cream, I had to try

sultana0, Nov 17, 9:09am
If you dont want alcohol in it, use the sambuca flavouring from your local homebrew stockists, there are some 'O' for awesome liquer flavours you can use.Ahem, I like alcohol in mine but the last licorice flav icecream I made was for a pregnant friend of ours (definately no booze for her).

Heres my basic recipe, my lovely lady likes it and she's fussy.

1 bottle of cream

Whip til thick put aside

4 or 5 eggs separated

Whip the egg whites and sugar til smooth and thick, put aside.

whip the yolks and flavouring (to taste) with a little sugar (maybe about a table spoon) till creamy (ish)

then fold all together. put in an old icecream container and freeze

Be creative.
add chocolate syrups, bits, flakes, nuts, lollies etc. I add cocoa and maple syrup and drizzle it thru, Spearmint and choc chip is yum. Maple syrup and walnut is to die for, coconut cream fudge is nice, licorice with chopped pieces is good, rum and raisen mmmhhhhh the choices are endless