Macadamia slice

dallyfeline, Mar 25, 5:37am
Would anyone have a recipe using these nuts please.Our local cafe makes one its devine but she wont part with the recipe its got caramel in it and the nuts are left big in it very rich and yum think the base is cooked

245sam, Mar 25, 6:23am

boxsters3, Mar 25, 6:55pm
dallyfeline the first recipe, in sams link to freshinthekitchen looks like it could be nice. What do you think?If you make it could you please let us know how it turned out.

dallyfeline, Mar 26, 6:23am
Hi thanks for that defin try sams but not keen on the other one as it uses chocolate be rich eneough with caramel,have to shop for ingredients on tuesday then will bake it and let u no

kamitchell, Mar 26, 9:47pm
That recipe looks very similar to another one I make which is delic! I am going to try this today as I have a heap of macadamias to use up :)

tw1nkle, Mar 27, 7:52pm
I made the first recipe last night, it is beautiful. :)It's a keeper

dallyfeline, Apr 9, 8:57pm
Hi i just made the first recipe surprising didnt find it sickly sweet,i used 100grams of nuts but could have doubled that ,not going to last long in the biscuit container complete sucess found base nice and light caramel nice and gooey ten out of ten for recipe baking time took the whole 25mins

toadfish, Apr 9, 9:03pm
Caramel Macadamia Slice (from 245Sams first Link)

How to make Caramel Slice:
150g butter, softened
¹/³ cup sugar
½ teaspoon vanilla essence
2 cups flour, sifted
395g can sweetened condensed milk
75g butter
¼ cup brown sugar
2 tablespoons golden syrup
70g macadamias, roughly chopped

1. Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line an 18cm x 28cm baking pan with baking paper.
2. Cream the butter and sugar with an electric beater until light and fluffy. Mix in the vanilla then fold in the flour until evenly combined (the mixture will be crumbly).
3. Press three-quarters of the mixture into the base of the prepared pan.
4. Place the condensed milk, butter, sugar and golden syrup in a microwave-proof bowl. Microwave on high (100%) power for 1-2 minutes until the butter has melted. Stir then cook for 2-4 minutes until thick. Pour the caramel over the base.
5. Mix the macadamias through the remaining flour mixture and sprinkle it over the caramel.
Bake 20-25 minutes until golden.
6. Cool in the pan before cutting into pieces.
Makes 24 pieces