Ceramic range top

evebee, Mar 20, 10:20pm
Have I read somewhere that you can use Chemico--pink--- to clean ceramic range tops.? Maybe someone can tell me if this is right and suitable and will not harm the top. Thanks

lilyfield, Mar 20, 10:36pm
use it all the time-no harm done

evebee, Mar 20, 11:12pm
Thanks lilyfield.

kuaka, Mar 21, 7:28am
but why would you when the "proper" stuff - forget what it's called (ceraclean or something like that) is available at most supermarkets and not outrageously expensive.Also they do a conditioner which makes the ceramic tops even easier to clean (or at least they used to do a conditioner - but unfortunately I haven't had a ceramic hob to clean for the last 8 years, and I still miss it)

cottagerose, Mar 21, 7:48am
I alternate between chemico (have only just started using it) and ceraclean. I dont see why chemico should hurt it and it is alot cheaper

lilyfield, Mar 21, 8:05am
Quite..

coreblimey, Mar 21, 10:15am
I really don't like my ceramic cook top.Give me gas any day - and one day I will have gas again....................!!But I have bought some specific cleaner for it.I thought Jif etc might take the paint/element markings off??

kuaka, Mar 21, 7:23pm
Well I had an old white ceramic hob with grey markings on where the elements were (think it was a Westinghouse from memory, but may not have been) we bought it secondhand for $70 when we were renovating our old house.It was brilliant.In this house I have a very modern-looking 5 burner gas hob and I hated it totally until recently.It made the saucepans absolutely black with thick soot.My husband kept saying it was "dirty gas" and it would be okay when we got the bottle refilled.Yeah right!After 4 years I got the gas fitter in to see if he could move the gas bottle which is located in a most inconvenient place, and also to check the gas jets on the hob.He tested it and declared that it had the wrong jets, they'd never been changed from natural gas to lpg jets.He ordered the correct ones and a week later he installed the new jets, and the difference is amazing.No more black sooty saucepans, the flame is blue instead of yellow, and the total cost was $160 - worth every penny.I can't believe the previous owner put up with it for 7 years and told me the hob was "fantastic" (her words).I kept saying that the gas flame should be blue not yellow, but as far as my husband was concerned it fell on deaf ears.However, I'd still prefer a ceramic hob for ease of cleaning.

evebee, Mar 21, 10:20pm
Have I read somewhere that you can use Chemico--pink--- to clean ceramic range tops.! Maybe someone can tell me if this is right and suitable and will not harm the top. Thanks

kuaka, Mar 22, 7:28am
but why would you when the "proper" stuff - forget what it's called (ceraclean or something like that) is available at most supermarkets and not outrageously expensive.Also they do a conditioner which makes the ceramic tops even easier to clean (or at least they used to do a conditioner - but unfortunately I haven't had a ceramic hob to clean for the last 8 years, and I still miss it)

lilyfield, Mar 22, 8:05am
Quite.

coreblimey, Mar 22, 10:15am
I really don't like my ceramic cook top.Give me gas any day - and one day I will have gas again.!But I have bought some specific cleaner for it.I thought Jif etc might take the paint/element markings off!

kuaka, Mar 22, 7:23pm
Well I had an old white ceramic hob with grey markings on where the elements were (think it was a Westinghouse from memory, but may not have been) we bought it secondhand for $70 when we were renovating our old house.It was brilliant.In this house I have a very modern-looking 5 burner gas hob and I hated it totally until recently.It made the saucepans absolutely black with thick soot.My husband kept saying it was "dirty gas" and it would be okay when we got the bottle refilled.Yeah right!After 4 years I got the gas fitter in to see if he could move the gas bottle which is located in a most inconvenient place, and also to check the gas jets on the hob.He tested it and declared that it had the wrong jets, they'd never been changed from natural gas to lpg jets.He ordered the correct ones and a week later he installed the new jets, and the difference is amazing.No more black sooty saucepans, the flame is blue instead of yellow, and the total cost was $160 - worth every penny.I can't believe the previous owner put up with it for 7 years and told me the hob was "fantastic" (her words).I kept saying that the gas flame should be blue not yellow, but as far as my husband was concerned it fell on deaf ears.However, I'd still prefer a ceramic hob for ease of cleaning.