Which salt?

letitia, Mar 10, 3:10am
I'm making tomato relish and don't seem to have any plain salt left.I have iodised salt and alsosea salt which has larger grains.Can I use either of these instead of plain salt?I am only making a small amount and will be adding about 1 level dessertspoon of salt.Advice from someone who knows would be appreciated, thanks.

letitia, Mar 10, 3:20am
Anyone? Please?

tarshlove, Mar 10, 3:28am
I use Sea salt in mine or low salt with is for low sodium diets. Salt is salt.

kay141, Mar 10, 3:30am
Use the sea salt. Iodised has extra iodine added which could affect the colour and flavour. Just make sure it is all dissolved.

letitia, Mar 10, 3:30am
I just wondered if the added iodine would have any detrimental effect.

letitia, Mar 10, 3:31am
Thanks kay141, that's what I was unsure about.I'll use the sea salt.

kaddiew, Mar 10, 3:34am
I've used iodised salt before to make up the quantity when stuck, and haven't noticed any difference....but I would do as posters above have suggested, to be safe.

tarshlove, Mar 10, 3:52am
Meh normal table salt has 39.mg of Iodine in it anyways

letitia, Mar 11, 3:10am
I'm making tomato relish and don't seem to have any plain salt left.I have iodised salt and alsosea salt which has larger grains.Can I use either of these instead of plain salt!I am only making a small amount and will be adding about 1 level dessertspoon of salt.Advice from someone who knows would be appreciated, thanks.

letitia, Mar 11, 3:20am
Anyone! Please!

letitia, Mar 11, 3:31am
Thanks kay141, that's what I was unsure about.I'll use the sea salt.

kaddiew, Mar 11, 3:34am
I've used iodised salt before to make up the quantity when stuck, and haven't noticed any difference.but I would do as posters above have suggested, to be safe.