Calling all COOK ISLANDERS!!!!!!

madibug, Mar 7, 9:23am
I need some help, getting married in September in rarotonga, and we are having a recepiton in new zealand, but we are wanting to bring the island theme back with us, now what i would like to know, is what kind of foods would be good, and recipes if people wouldnt mind, any help would be great, thank you!!!!

cmx4eva, Mar 7, 9:59am
taro and islanders

juliewn, Mar 7, 11:38am
Hi.. if you type Cook Islands into the left search bar and change last 24 hours to anytime, then search, a range of recipes from there will come up..

Best wishes for a gorgeous wedding and a marriage that's happy and fulfilling and brings you much love and joy..

earthangel4, Mar 8, 1:53am
Ah amen to that,I second it.

raewyn64, Mar 8, 4:54am
Congrats on your wedding to be.
I did a quick google and got
http://www.ck/food/index.htm http://www.aitutakicookislands.info/foodcookislands.htm

see if either of them help.

kiwigoldie, Mar 8, 5:27am
mayonaise (sp) is a cook island potato salad dish with beetroot in it and it goes pink...ikimata(sp) a raw fish marinated dish.....tropical fruits.....fish....there is always a lot of fresh fish caught and eaten in Rarotanga....ummm...

madibug, Mar 8, 9:23am
I need some help, getting married in September in rarotonga, and we are having a recepiton in new zealand, but we are wanting to bring the island theme back with us, now what i would like to know, is what kind of foods would be good, and recipes if people wouldnt mind, any help would be great, thank you!

juliewn, Mar 8, 11:38am
Hi. if you type Cook Islands into the left search bar and change last 24 hours to anytime, then search, a range of recipes from there will come up.

Best wishes for a gorgeous wedding and a marriage that's happy and fulfilling and brings you much love and joy.

julie_, Mar 8, 7:11pm
I would think it would be much the same as other PI food?Not sure if they eat palusami (in the above link it's called rukau - when we make it we also put a bit of flour in to thicken the coconut cream), taro in coconut cream, raw fish (in coconut cream) of course.I know my raro friend used to make corned beef, cabbage, onions & tomatoes in ... you guessed it, coconut cream!if you can also get hold of any paua - it is divine when cooked in coconut cream also ;)

earthangel4, Mar 9, 1:53am
Ah amen to that,I second it.

kiwigoldie, Mar 9, 5:27am
mayonaise (sp) is a cook island potato salad dish with beetroot in it and it goes pink.ikimata(sp) a raw fish marinated dish.tropical fruits.fish.there is always a lot of fresh fish caught and eaten in Rarotanga.ummm.

julie_, Mar 9, 7:11pm
I would think it would be much the same as other PI food!Not sure if they eat palusami (in the above link it's called rukau - when we make it we also put a bit of flour in to thicken the coconut cream), taro in coconut cream, raw fish (in coconut cream) of course.I know my raro friend used to make corned beef, cabbage, onions & tomatoes in . you guessed it, coconut cream!if you can also get hold of any paua - it is divine when cooked in coconut cream also ;)