Weight watchers

irishnz1, Feb 8, 9:52am
I have just been giving this weight watchers stuff as cant afford to go so someone gave me her old stuff according to this stuff i am allowed 25 points been doing it for two days now but am finding i am more hunrgy now than before i started it when i was eating healthy on my own any thoughts or tips i can use to please thank you

irishnz1, Feb 9, 2:57am
i dont eat fish lamb or mutton and am on a strick budgetany ideas

ant_sonja, Feb 9, 3:10am
I don't know how weight watchers works - sorry - What 'stuff' are you talking about? You say you were eating healthy on your own, what kinds of foods were you eating? Also how much weight are you trying to loose? A diet should be something you can live with for life (with a few adjustments here and there as things change) and most of all you shouldn't feel deprived :-) If you want to loose weight, I suggest you eat as 'natural' as possible and avoid 99% of processed foods as these are not whole foods and therefore do not satisfy your body's needs (which means you get hungry all the time) I'm no expert though - someone else may be able to offer further suggestions..

irishnz1, Feb 9, 3:34am
i need to lose about 30kgs have lost about 20 already but havent lost any more and it has been about 9 months

ant_sonja, Feb 9, 3:54am
well done loosing 20 kilos :-) So if you achieved this already by eating a normal healthy diet as you say why the change to ww? Your diet may simply need adjusting a little to help you loose the remaining 10kg's. What kinds of foods do you eat on any given day or over a whole week? Do you exercise?

irishnz1, Feb 9, 9:43am
yeah i bike and walk no i mean still have another 30kgs to lose needed to lose about 50kgs all up first 20 were easy but nothing i seem to do will lose anymorejust staying the same weighti eat mainly fruit and veggies and chickenhave cut down on my carbs

uli, Feb 9, 8:18pm
I would think if you do not understand the points system then go for something you can research yourself like a low carb diet. You do not need memberships etc. Just join the NZ low carb website and go from there.

griffo4, Feb 9, 8:22pm
l did ww and lost 30kgs and l ate grainy breads with no spread, alot of vegies like carrots, celery etc, lite yoghurt,all types of meat with no fat and grilled
l basically ate all the healthy foods but just down portion sizes that was my big one l weighed all my meats and cheeses
WW encourages you to eat all the food groups with the milk and cheeses as well nothing is cut out
Does your friend have any of the leaflets they hand out each week they have meal planners for the week on them to give you ideas
You have done well to get this far but l was wondering if you do any weight bearing exercises like carrying around some phone books in a backpack while doing housework,cycling, walking, doing squats, lifting things
As l lost weight l started doing pull ups and push ups which are good l didn't do heaps about 10 pull ups and pushups but it took me a while to get to that,LOL
l also started doing those 12km fun walks and built up to running them and following the training programmes to get an idea of what l needed to do

lt sounds like you have hit a plateau so you need to change how you eat and exercise and hopefully you get some movement downwards with your weight but don't get down on yourself
Good luck

margyr, Feb 9, 8:29pm
well done on the weight lost, perhaps go back to the diet you were doing on your own and cut the portion size. all the best.

ant_sonja, Feb 9, 9:38pm
Irishnz1 - if you still feel hungry while exercising a fair amount and you are eating less carbs you might want to try increasing your protein intake. Do you eat red meat or eggs? Maybe even a good quality protein shake would benefit you? (someone else may have info on what brands would be best..) Up your exercise levels a notch and include a good source of protein into your daily meals, (watch your carbs/sugars) - drink lots, water/green or other herbal teas and have nutritious foods at hand for when you do get hungry in between meals and most importantly, congratulate yourself on the weight you have already lost :-)

cantab29, Feb 10, 10:02pm
I'm following the ww plan too (the older one, not the pro points) and find I need to have carbs through the day to feel full.I get the munchies is just having fruit and vege with the odd protein.
Low points things I find fill me up are crumpets with tomatoes, use sandwich slice bread rather than toast, lite yoghurts, a BLT at lunch with lots of salad and weight watchers mayo, fresh fruit salad with yoghurt on top.Baked spud with a blob of sour cream, poached eggs on sandwich bread toast, vege soup.
Eating small amounts often also helps.Don't eat it all at one sitting.Drink heaps of water and keep BUSY, mow lawns, go walking, do housework.
Good luck, sounds like you're doing really well so far.

irishnz1, Apr 8, 1:57pm
thanks all yeah before i was watching my carbs dont eat spuds but eat bread and pasta maybe i try more low carbing