Looking for recipe

elektrotrashx, Feb 1, 6:59am
Looking for a sausage pie recipe which was in the old dollars and sense cook book
was tomato and sausage meat if i remember correctly

elektrotrashx, Feb 1, 7:20am
thank you anyway

elliehen, Feb 1, 8:03am
I have the book and will look it up for you soonish...

jessie981, Feb 1, 8:35am
Check Google, there are recipes there.

elliehen, Feb 1, 9:20am
SAUSAGE, EGG & TOMATO PIE
from Alison Holst's 'Dollars & Sense Cookbook'

3 medium sized firm tomatoes
450-500gm sausagemeat
2 eggs
1/2 tsp celery, onion or garlic salt

Make short pastry using 2 cups flour. [Recipes for pastry are elsewhere in the book.] Roll in two circles.Use one to line a 23 cm pie plate or a 20cm cake tin with 5 cm sides.Quarter the tomatoes and put them in the uncooked pastry shell.Pat out the sausagemeat on a floured board to make a circle the size of the base of the pan.Lay this over the tomatoes.Make a hole in the centre of the sausagemeat.Beat the eggs with the flavoured salt to combine the whites and yolks, then pour them through the hole in the sausagemeat.Cover pie with remaining pastry, seal edges and flute or decorate with a fork.Glaze if desired.make a steam vent in the centre.

Bake at 200*C for 15 minutes, then at 180*C for 30 minutes longer.Serve hot, warm or cold.

elektrotrashx, Feb 4, 9:07am
Wow thank you soooo much :)

elliehen, Feb 4, 9:14am
Thank YOU for coming back :)

fisher, Feb 4, 9:35am
lol..so funny..ellie...I know whatya mean eh:}}

r-mvz, Feb 4, 10:50pm
Sausage Meat Pie

Sausage meat x2 packs. Line pie dish with baking paper.Press intopie dish and push meat up the sides using wet hands.

Spread tomato sauce, chilli sauce or relish, whichever you prefer over sausage meat.

Mix in a bowl eggs, salt, pepper.

Sprinkle vegetables over the sausage meat eg (grated carrot, peas, peppers, corn etc) whatever you have available fresh or frozen. If using frozen then I suggest that you put them in a sieve and pour hot water over them and drain first before adding to your pie.

Pour mixed eggs over vegetables, add slices of tomatoes if you have them.

Put in oven to cook.

This is great to eat hot or cold.

This is a great dish you can make different variations everytime eg add grated cheese on top or curry to egg mix, even a tin of spaghetti added to the base before vegetables.

elliehen, Feb 4, 11:32pm
fisher, if you're about...have a question for you in the Morning Tea thread where you posted the bread cases.

elektrotrashx, Feb 5, 10:25am
This was my favourite dish growing up and was just as good when I made it tonight for dinner. Was enjoyed by everyone in the flat .once again thank you

elliehen, Mar 26, 5:04pm
Cheers :)