Biscuit thingee to make shapes...

korbo, Jan 24, 4:05am
My late mum had this gadget - it had different things you put at the end, filled the tube with a bis mix, turned the handle and out the other end came a long string of fancy dough.
I have found the things, but not the tube thing.
Does anyone at all know what I am talking about.
It isnt the one, you press down.
The recipe she used had a packet of jelly in it. I made the recipe today, but just rolled into balls, and pressed with fork.

teddy147, Jan 24, 4:22am
i have seen them adervised in the homecare mag that people drop off.

korbo, Jan 24, 4:26am
gosh, got one of those the other day, dont recall seeing it, but will ring the lady.thanks.

cookessentials, Jan 24, 5:47am
It is classed as a cookie/biscuit press. There are various ones availabel that come with a number of plates. SSome come with piping nozzles as well. Some of the brands are Marcato which is the Italian brand who also make pasta machines, Kuhn Rikon which is Swiss and they do a press and also one with nozzles. Avanti is another.

greerg, Jan 24, 6:05am
Stevens have them at the moment - Tala brand.

lindylambchops1, Jan 24, 8:17am
Would love your recipe please with the jelly mix in it.Many Thanks!

korbo, Jan 24, 8:58am
1 packet of jelly, (any flavour), 50g butter, 1/4 cup sugar, 1 egg, 1.1/2 cups flour, 1 teas BP.
cream butter, sugar and jelly crystals, add egg, beat well, then flour and BP.
roll into small balls,(i use a teaspn) press with fork, bake on greased tray 10-15mins at 180.
I got 2 trays and I turn them 1/2way...7mins each. Do Watch them as they burn.
I have just put a dab of icing on top, as they are for little ones.
Mum used to use the gadget and they came out like a long liquorice strap, she cut them into 2inch bits, and then iced 2 togoether.
The gadget makes them quite thin, and thats how they burn easy.

If anyone makes them please come back here and let me know how you like them....

lindylambchops1, Jan 24, 9:22am
Korbo thanks very much!I have a biscuit press so will try them & report back soon.

wildflower, Jan 25, 2:44am
I'm still looking for my one, my grandmother gave me hers but I can't find it.Odd cos for sentimental reasons I never would have given it away or anything.Used to do lovely choc cream biscuits out of old Edmonds book with it.

cookessentials, Jan 25, 3:52am
You can guarantee that if you buy a new one, the old one will turn up!

korbo, Jan 25, 3:53am
lindy..what is a biscuit press, is it similar to the one i want.
i amsure i wouldnt have thrown it out wither wildflower. but just seem to locate it. I mean where in your kitchen can things get lost.

cookessentials, Feb 28, 3:06am
Korbo a biscuit press is what you had