Flat baking sheets - am I nuts?

tigermm, Jan 1, 5:50am
Does anyone know where I can buy flat baking trays from? Nothing fancy, just the standard ones that everyone has inside their oven (except me). I can only find lipped ones and I need flat for piping onto. Thank you!

elliehen, Jan 1, 5:53am
Try your local recycling centre.I got a spare one at mine for 50 cents.That's where old stoves go to die.

tigermm, Jan 1, 5:55am
Great idea, thanks Elliehen

uli, Jan 1, 6:04am
Or second hand shops, salvation army, op shops, red cross etc.

duckmoon, Jan 1, 6:56am
do briscoes sell them?

turtlet, Jan 1, 9:50am
Moore Wilson sell them and I think I have seen them at Mitre 10

evorotorua, Jan 1, 6:16pm
I had the same problem and they are a crazt price new. I just flipped the lipped ones over and used the flat side on the bottom.

shelley39, Jan 1, 8:14pm
I got mine fron the Warehouse. They wernt the black ones they are the silver trays.Think it was about $10

sallar, Jan 1, 8:22pm
Last one I saw at the Sallies was $20!!! Mind you they are more expensive than the second hand shops now so I would rather do the junk shops.

clair4, Jan 1, 8:36pm
Yes it would be cheaper to buy from Mitre 10 than the Sallies.Their prices are just ridiculous now.

elliehen, Jan 2, 12:35am
But at least their money goes to charity, and they're now aware that people buy 'label' clothes to re-sell on Trade Me.

tigermm, Jan 2, 9:08am
Awesome, thanks all. Glad it's not just me going crazy trying to find them for a reasonable price.

olwen, Jan 2, 9:12am
Not where I shop

elliehen, Jan 2, 9:33am
olwen, you're right.The prices are as varied as the people who work behind the counter.The country towns have good Sallies, and the Hospice shops are a good place to shop too.

derossi, Jan 5, 9:56am
I've picked up one from Briscoes, but was about $20.

olwen, Jan 5, 10:00am
Our local hospice shop is quite dear, but the Sallies, and St Vincent de Paul are good.

cap, Jan 5, 8:42pm
I asked a few years ago at our local Farmers store where we bought out oven and they gave us a name of a local factory that makes them so you could try asking a retailer if they know of a place near you.I can't recall how much I paid for them though.

lilyfield, Jan 6, 4:27am
go to a sheet metal shop and have one cut to size

cookessentials, Jan 6, 8:49pm
You can, and have always been able to buy the aluminium baking trays. Below is the info for a company in Dunedin that makes them. They will be able to point you in the right direction.

http://www.dissco.co.nz/Kitchenware.htm

dezzie, Jan 9, 5:06pm
I've always got them, and extra roasting dishes, from the recycle shop, usually about 50 cents.