Masterchef UK

Page 2 / 2
bedazzledjewels, Jan 1, 12:23am
Lots of pea puree going on too. I know they love their mushy peas but often it's such a garish colour on the plate. Also lots of fish being cooked; I suppose because it's quick!

onestaple, Jan 2, 1:08am
I enjoy watching these programs but havent any of them heard of hair nets ???long hair hanging in faces and over food is not a good look

accroul, Jan 2, 2:50am
Awww, but you love cauliflower!

sumstyle, Jan 2, 4:14am
onestaple wrote:
I enjoy watching these programs but havent any of them heard of hair nets ???long hair hanging in faces and over food is not a good look[/quote

Mmm, yes that's odd eh?Or when they are really sweaty, bending over their plates

kirinesha, Jan 2, 4:40am
I do BUT I also like to see these aspiring chefs showing some originality. It's as though they can't think of anything else so revert back to a classic combo rather than push the boundaries..

davidt4, Jan 2, 5:03am
I blame it on Gordon Ramsay - I'm pretty sure it was him that started it all off with his dish of scallops on a bed of cauli puree, with a raisin and caper sauce.That would have tasted wonderful, unlike all these insipid variations that are boring us silly on Masterchef.

motorbo, Jan 2, 5:03am
i like the english version the most! the guys that present and judge it rock, and they give constructive comments with none of the silly dramatics!!

socram, Dec 29, 3:59pm
They often only have an hour to do the whole dish and that limits the cooking options with many dishes. Creamed potatoes (not mash!) are preferable to cous-cous, rice or pasta for many dishes and although it may be simplistic, they can be made to look nicer than other options. They are NOT the stars of the dish!

UK has many more varieties of potatoes than NZ and if they are presented with a mystery box that contains potatoes, selecting the wrong cooking method can be disasterous.

How often have you heard the comment "under cooked" or "raw" on that programme?