Avocado and bacon muffin recipie please

Page 1 / 2
245sam, Jan 4, 5:03am
I'm not sure but I think cookessentials may be away for a few days much needed R&R so here I believe are the (her) recipes she mentioned in#2.

AVOCADO, BRIE AND SMOKED CHICKEN MUFFINS - thanks to brianmac (aka cookessentials)

3 cups plain flour- Pam added a note that “I always use high grade”
2 tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
1 tsp dried mustard
125g brie, diced
½ smoked chicken breast, diced
1 avocado, stoned, peeled and diced (not too small-good size chunks)
1 cup grated cheddar cheese
2 eggs
1¾ cups milk
100g butter, melted and cooled

Sift the flour, baking powder, salt and mustard into a bowl. Toss through the smoked chicken, avocado, grated cheese and half of the brie.Make a well in the centre.
Mix together the eggs and milk, then blend the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients.Divide the mixture evenly between 12 well-greased muffin tins. Top each with a piece of the remaining brie.
Bake at220°Cfor18-20 minutes. Cool in the tins for 5 minutes.

KUMARA AND BACON MUFFINS - thanks again to brianmac/cookessentials who added the following note: "This is actually a recipe from the "Kiss diet book" believe it or not; but believe me, they are yummy.The recipe only makes 6 though,so you may want to double it.Great for lunch with hot soup."

1 cup flour
2 tsp baking powder
pinch each ofsaltandfreshly ground pepper
120g kumara, cooked and mashed-no butter!
100g tasty cheese, grated
1 medium onion, finely chopped
1 bacon rasher, grilled and chopped
handful parsley, chopped
1 egg
½ cup trim milk

Into a bowl sift the flour, baking powder, salt and pepper.Add the kumara, cheese, onion, bacon and parsley.Lightly beat together the egg and milk and fold them into the muffin mix.Spoon into 6 lightly-greased muffin tins.
Bake at220°Cfor15-20 minutes - use a skewer to check if they are cooked in the middle.

:-))

cookessentials, Jan 4, 5:06am
245sam, you are a honey.thank you, it completely slipped my mind.

245sam, Jan 4, 5:23am
Thanks Pam.I wanted to avoid any thoughts that you would tempt by mentioning those muffins then not be prepared to post the recipes when in actual fact you very readily always share so many recipes, and I'm sure you commented, one day, that you are/were taking a break - obviously you haven't gone away, or not yet anyway.
Hope your Christmas was a lovely restful one and that the New Year has got off to a good start for you.:-))

appletrees, Jan 4, 6:25am
we've got that muffin book also #1, everyone who has tasted the bacon and avo muffins have raved about them. The honey and orange muffins also go down well .

jc_cw, Dec 29, 11:28pm
I had an awesome one written down from allison holst's ,marvolous muffins book but can't find it, help please!

cookessentials, Dec 29, 11:41pm
I do a lovely smoked chicken,avacado and brie muffin and a kumara and bacon, but not avacado and bacon. You could use those as a base and then just add the bacon and avacado if you cant find the one you want.

jc_cw, Dec 30, 12:34am
found my recipie, and god they're amazing lol

bunnyclan, Dec 30, 10:10pm
oooh please share!Sounds like Sunday brunch to me :-)

jc_cw, Dec 30, 10:17pm
avocado and bacon muffins

2 cups plain flour
4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
pinch on cayenne pepper
1 cup grated cheese
4 spring onions, chopped
3 rashers bacon, cooked and chopped

75g butter
1 egg
1 cup milk
1 avocado
1 tsp lemon juice

sieve dry ingredients into bowl and add everything else.Melt butter in separate bowl, add egg, milk and bacon drippings, beat.
Halve avo, scoop out flesh and cut into cubes, sprinkle with lemon juice.
Add to liquid mix, add bacon last and fold mixtures together.
bake 200 degrees for 10mins :)

jc_cw, Dec 30, 10:25pm
I have an amazing crunchy lemon recipie and a sweet n spicy pumpkin recipie too if you want them?

mber2, Dec 31, 1:06am
jc cw Would you mind putting up the recipe for cruchy lemon recipe & a a sweet n spicy pumpkin recipe as well please, i love easy recipes
Thanks so much for sharing ur recipes

timbooo, Dec 31, 3:11am
Cookessentials would you mind posting the muffin recipes you mentioned above please? they sound rather yummy! thanks

cookessentials, Dec 31, 3:15am
Ok, will try and remember tonight as my recipe book is at home.

timbooo, Jan 1, 1:08am
ok thanks cookessentials, will look fwd to you posting the recipes.

245sam, Jan 4, 5:03am
I'm not sure but I think cookessentials may be away for a few days much needed R&R so here I believe are the (her) recipes she mentioned in#2.....

AVOCADO, BRIE AND SMOKED CHICKEN MUFFINS - thanks to brianmac (aka cookessentials)

3 cups plain flour- Pam added a note that “I always use high grade”
2 tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
1 tsp dried mustard
125g brie, diced
½ smoked chicken breast, diced
1 avocado, stoned, peeled and diced (not too small-good size chunks)
1 cup grated cheddar cheese
2 eggs
1¾ cups milk
100g butter, melted and cooled

Sift the flour, baking powder, salt and mustard into a bowl. Toss through the smoked chicken, avocado, grated cheese and half of the brie.Make a well in the centre.
Mix together the eggs and milk, then blend the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients.Divide the mixture evenly between 12 well-greased muffin tins. Top each with a piece of the remaining brie.
Bake at220°Cfor18-20 minutes. Cool in the tins for 5 minutes.

KUMARA AND BACON MUFFINS - thanks again to brianmac/cookessentials who added the following note: "This is actually a recipe from the "Kiss diet book" believe it or not; but believe me, they are yummy.The recipe only makes 6 though,so you may want to double it.Great for lunch with hot soup."

1 cup flour
2 tsp baking powder
pinch each ofsaltandfreshly ground pepper
120g kumara, cooked and mashed-no butter!!
100g tasty cheese, grated
1 medium onion, finely chopped
1 bacon rasher, grilled and chopped
handful parsley, chopped
1 egg
½ cup trim milk

Into a bowl sift the flour, baking powder, salt and pepper.Add the kumara, cheese, onion, bacon and parsley.Lightly beat together the egg and milk and fold them into the muffin mix.Spoon into 6 lightly-greased muffin tins.
Bake at220°Cfor15-20 minutes - use a skewer to check if they are cooked in the middle.

:-))

cookessentials, Jan 4, 5:06am
245sam, you are a honey...thank you, it completely slipped my mind.

245sam, Jan 4, 5:23am
Thanks Pam.I wanted to avoid any thoughts that you would tempt by mentioning those muffins then not be prepared to post the recipes when in actual fact you very readily always share so many recipes, and I'm sure you commented, one day, that you are/were taking a break - obviously you haven't gone away, or not yet anyway.
Hope your Christmas was a lovely restful one and that the New Year has got off to a good start for you.:-))

appletrees, Jan 4, 6:25am
we've got that muffin book also #1, everyone who has tasted the bacon and avo muffins have raved about them. The honey and orange muffins also go down well .

jc_cw, Jan 4, 9:40am
hey i just got back from holidays, here are the other muffin recipies

Sweet and Spicey Pumpkin Muffins

2cups self raising flour
1 1/2 cup soft brown sugar
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp ginger
1/4 tsp cloves

100g butter
2eggs
1 cup cooked mashed pumpkin, cooled

Combine dry ingredients, warm butter untill melted, add egg and beat well. Stir in pumpkin, add to dry mixture and fold.
Bake 200degrees for 15-18mins

jc_cw, Jan 4, 9:43am
Crunchy lemon muffins

2cups self raising flour
3/4 cup sugar

75g butter
1 cup milk
1 egg
grated rind of one, or 2 small lemons

1/4 cup lemon juice
1/4 cup sugar

Measure flour and sugar into bowl. Melt butter, add milk, eggg, lemon rind and beat. Add to dry ingredients.

Bake 200degrees for 10mins

mix together lemon juice and sugar and drizzle over hot muffins, remove from pans while they dry otherwise they will stick

cookessentials, Jan 4, 6:57pm
Thanks so much. We are awy on 13th to Cairns (Trinity Beach)

jc_cw, Jan 7, 4:59am
bumping for the people that wanted the recipies

jubellsrose, Jan 7, 5:37am
my favourite sandwich is bacon and avocado on vogels.

uli, Jan 9, 4:15am
bump for brianmac/cookessentials
AVOCADO, BRIE AND SMOKED CHICKEN MUFFINS

cookessentials, Jan 9, 4:30am
Any particular reason for this!