'Salad's with out greens??

Page 2 / 2
camper110, Dec 29, 8:21am
thank's for the curried chickpea salad, recipe, I made it for our christmas b,b,q, it was just so yum!

rainrain1, Dec 29, 7:25pm
podded broad bean and smoked sausage salad

ayglepaygle, Dec 29, 8:48pm
Can the sour cream be substituted for anything else! Thought I would try this recipe but no sour cream - would yoghurt do! Thanks

uli, Dec 29, 9:24pm
Except for the capsicum I reckon that is a very Greek salad :)

uli, Dec 29, 9:25pm
A thick Greek unflavoured yoghurt would go well. Or mix mayo with yoghurt as a dressing.

kernal1, Dec 31, 4:46am
Cheers all, love the many ideas but couldn't remember asking!LOL My 2011 holidays have been quite different to that mentioned by me earlier, Got very ill in OZ and as a result Xmas this year was being taken out for the 1st time and I had no preparation or visitors! Finally checked dates and yes! A thread from 2010 that somehow has crept back! Regardless have OS visitors arriving early Jan and male is not a salad eater so will try some of the delightful ideas then.
Happy 2012 to everyone, thought I was losing the plot even more than I admit to! Cheers, Heather

lennyb1, Dec 31, 4:54am
We like a Japanese salad idea sometimes, especially in the hot weather - marinated tofu. Simply cut firm tofu into blocks, sprinkle liberally with chopped green onions (including some green top) and sprinkle over some strong soy sauce, until the blocks are halfway immersed. Chill for a few hours and serve.

schnauzer11, Dec 31, 9:01am
The idea's great,but I struggle with the proportions-"strong soy sauce,half-way immersed". Quite takes my breath away! I'd be happier with a 'good slosh' of soy,a little brown sugar,dash of sesame oil,and the spring onions.