Spring/expandable tins

poohbearfan3, Nov 26, 1:30am
I've never used one of these before, but a recipe calls for it.Can someone please tell me do I take the whole outter tin off, or just undo the clip thingy and let it expand slightly?Also, when do I do it?Thanks!

lilyfield, Nov 26, 1:55am
its just like any other tin. remove ring when you feel like it. I let mine stand for about ten minutes. great invention- so you don't have to turn your cake upside down. slide bottom off when completely cold. Don't cut on it, as your tin is probably a non stick?

margyr, Nov 26, 2:00am
not sure what you are meaning, but here is how I use them, put the base in and do the clips up so it is tight, grease the tin and line, I cut a circle for the bottom and put cuts around the edge so it comes up the sides a bit, then grease the side paper, cut a long peice the height of your tin and put this on the sides. When whatever you are making is cooked upturn onto a cake rack and release the clips, cake should slide out easy as. If it is a cheesecake (cold) release the clips and push up from the bottom to get it out. Hope this has been of some help.

cookessentials, Sep 6, 8:07am
springform and expandable are two different types of tin. Which is it that you have?