Muffin tins -,best sort

wron, Sep 24, 12:26pm
Mine must have been put away damp and were a bit rusty so i biffed 'em. I'll be more careful next time but which brand is best? What about the silicone ones - though not too keen on the idea?
Thanks.

gardie, Sep 24, 5:29pm
Best muffin tins I have are wiltshire ones that are metal on the top and then silicon cups.They are absolutely awesome and I would never go back to others.Jo Seagar has them in her shop (google it) and Farmers also.Be warned, they are around $50 although I am confident that I will never need to buy anything else - and I've been though a few muffin pans in my time.

cookessentials, Sep 24, 8:20pm
Best ones available now are Infinite Circulon baking range.They have the same hi-low system that their pans and cookware have,so NO greasing whatsoever. Alot cheaper than the Wiltshire which are still basically a basic muffin pan with silicone edges and very expensive for what you get.From memory, about 39.95. A brilliant, heavy weight for good, even browning too.

pickles7, Sep 24, 8:36pm
I am still using my old tins, I never wash them, use my tin glide to stop the muffins from sticking. I will rub them out with a plastic mesh like pot mitt , put them in a plastic bag once cold. I found some stainless steel ones at a garage sale, black as, I used caustic soda on them, cleaned them perfectly, now I treat those the same. I do find myself reaching for those more than the others, they do cook the bottoms that much better.
Tin glide, #20 in, pickles7

fruitluva2, Sep 24, 11:17pm
Are there Infinite Circulon mini muffin pans as well?

cookessentials, Sep 25, 12:10am
no, just standard as far as I know - there is a range of bakeware from round cake tins, loaf tins, springforms, rectangular cake pans etc.

cookessentials, Sep 25, 7:09am
I have just made chocolate muffins inan Infinite Circulon 12 cup muffin pan. Absolutely NO greasing or spraying and they just fell out! DH reckons we dont even have to wash the tray, they are spotless.

sooseque, Sep 25, 11:22am
Teflon muffin tin liners are available from Hinton Enterprises (NZ), I have had a set for around 10 years, used regularly and they are brilliant just google them, cookfatfree.com and look in oven products.

cookessentials, Sep 26, 9:05am
Also made two ginger spice loaves and a loaf of bread using the IC loaf pan and pnce again, they just fell out beautifully cooked.

wron, Oct 1, 4:52am
Got some of the IC ones today from Stevens, whole range has 30% off till 17th, big saving!

cookessentials, Oct 1, 8:17am
Well done wron. Let me know what you think. I sent the muffin tins, a loaf pan and the rectangular pan up to Mum for her to try and she loves them too. You DID get the IC ones didn't you? not the analon?
The ones with the high/low rings in the base?

wron, Oct 1, 10:14am
Yes, I got the IC ones, really solid, normally $38 down to $27 with the 30% discount. One of the ladies in the shop has the whole range and backed up what you said about the way the muffin ones release. I think I'll get some of the others before the special expires. The big biscuit trays looked very useful, and the loaf tin you mentioned but I only noticed one size of cake tin.

cookessentials, Oct 1, 6:42pm
Mmmm, they must have put the price up to then take off the discount! Normally $31.95. The loaf tin releases just the same and i would say they are all the same. I wish they would do a bit more in the range as well...maybe they may do later. Fresh home made bread pops out of the loaf tin beautifully. Mum made tropical pineapple and bran muffins in hers and they just fell out easily. Well worth spending the money that's for sure.

lynja, Oct 1, 6:59pm
i am replacing all my old tins and pans with PREMIUM BAKEWARE from Briscoes. often half price. very heavy and solid, non stick. just fantastic quality.

cookessentials, Oct 2, 12:48am
To be honest, skip the Briscoes stuff and do the same as wron, you wont regret it.

patsy06, Oct 2, 6:56am
All of my bakeware is silicon now...wouldn't use anything else.

sossie1, Oct 2, 6:57am
i got 12 for $4.00 fromt the $2.00 shop, individual ones.

cookessentials, May 2, 11:47am
No silicone bakeware for me...much prefer the metal tins. Love the silicone for tools though.