Pumpkin salad?

Page 1 / 2
wildflower, Nov 22, 2:46am
I've got a pumpkin I need to use up, last of last seasons homegrown.It's getting too warm now for hot dishes, does anyone have a cold dish/salad type recipe?Just after something not too heavy.

cabbagefan, Nov 22, 5:44am
mabey pumpkin fritters and salad??
or google pumpkin salad, bound to be something there.but if i was inventing one, cold cubes of pumpkin,and make up like a potato salad.

mackenzie2, Nov 22, 6:01pm
I roast chopped/cubed pumpkin in sundried tomato oil, when cool I put onto a platter, and put feta, sliced sundried tomato, and roasted cooled pumpkin seeds on top, YUMMO..... the oil the pumpkin is cooked in makes the most delish dressing, so make sure you scrap it all onto the platter also.

nzl99, Nov 22, 8:13pm
We use it in a Rissoni Salad... or with the big couscous... a bit like this...

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=31862479&l=fe8177420e&id=1225939081 Or these made with filo pastry would be a bit lighter...
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2070797&id=1225939081&l=69fc3f3e52

frances1266, Nov 23, 3:40am
Julie LeClerc has a lovely recipe I had recently.Had pumpkin, sundried tomatoes, mint etc.Will try and get the recipe if you wish.

shellz596, Nov 23, 10:43pm
Yes please frances1266, I would like it, thanks

frances1266, Nov 24, 2:08am
Here it is Shellz.This is from the Spring issue of Vegetarian Living New Zealand adapted from Julie LeClerc's recipe.It is great.
Chickpea and Roast Pumpkin Salad with Sun Dried Tomato Dressing.
3c cooked chickpeas or 2 tins
750g pumpkin cut into large cubes
1T olive oil
Dressing:
2T chpd coriander or mint leaves
1-1/2T red wine vinegar
1/2c sun dried tomatoes
2T olive oil
1 garlic clove, mined
2t sugar
2t lemon juice
2t balsamic vinegar
freshly ground black pepper
1/2c sundried tomato soak water or water.
Coat pumpkin in the T of olive oil and bake 200 until tender.Cool.
While pumpkin cooking chop the sundried tomatoes finely and cover with water to soak in small bowl for at least an hour or blend in strong blender.
When softened add to remaining dressing ingred and blend to combine.The mixture is better a little chunky.
Toss chickpeas and pumpkin and sprinkle with the coriander or mint.

wildflower, Nov 24, 3:12am
Sounds lovely, love them chickpeas.Much thanks:)

frances1266, Nov 25, 7:42pm
bumping....

rovertniloc, Nov 25, 10:04pm
I make the most delicious pumpkin chutney. Nice and tangy and plenty of sultanas.

dbab, Nov 25, 10:46pm
Yes please. I'd love the chutney recipe.

wildflower, Nov 26, 3:35am
me too please:)

shellz596, Nov 26, 3:50am
Thanks so so much for that frances1266 its really nice

wildflower, Nov 22, 2:46am
I've got a pumpkin I need to use up, last of last seasons homegrown.It's getting too warm now for hot dishes, does anyone have a cold dish/salad type recipe!Just after something not too heavy.

cabbagefan, Nov 22, 5:44am
mabey pumpkin fritters and salad!
or google pumpkin salad, bound to be something there.but if i was inventing one, cold cubes of pumpkin,and make up like a potato salad.

mackenzie2, Nov 22, 6:01pm
I roast chopped/cubed pumpkin in sundried tomato oil, when cool I put onto a platter, and put feta, sliced sundried tomato, and roasted cooled pumpkin seeds on top, YUMMO. the oil the pumpkin is cooked in makes the most delish dressing, so make sure you scrap it all onto the platter also.

nzl99, Nov 22, 8:13pm
We use it in a Rissoni Salad. or with the big couscous. a bit like this.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php!pid=31862479&l=fe8177420e&id=1225939081 Or these made with filo pastry would be a bit lighter.
http://www.facebook.com/album.php!aid=2070797&id=1225939081&l=69fc3f3e52

frances1266, Nov 24, 2:08am
Here it is Shellz.This is from the Spring issue of Vegetarian Living New Zealand adapted from Julie LeClerc's recipe.It is great.
Chickpea and Roast Pumpkin Salad with Sun Dried Tomato Dressing.
3c cooked chickpeas or 2 tins
750g pumpkin cut into large cubes
1T olive oil
Dressing:
2T chpd coriander or mint leaves
1-1/2T red wine vinegar
1/2c sun dried tomatoes
2T olive oil
1 garlic clove, mined
2t sugar
2t lemon juice
2t balsamic vinegar
freshly ground black pepper
1/2c sundried tomato soak water or water.
Coat pumpkin in the T of olive oil and bake 200 until tender.Cool.
While pumpkin cooking chop the sundried tomatoes finely and cover with water to soak in small bowl for at least an hour or blend in strong blender.
When softened add to remaining dressing ingred and blend to combine.The mixture is better a little chunky.
Toss chickpeas and pumpkin and sprinkle with the coriander or mint.

dbab, Nov 25, 10:46pm
Yes please. I'd love the chutney recipe.

uli, Nov 26, 4:13am
I made a pumpkin salad for a crowd today: Peeled and cubed a huge pumpkin, steamed until just tender but still firm. Put in a wide, shallow dish and poured over a vinaigrette with lots of garlic and chopped herbs (while still hot). Carefully turned over once when cool and garnished with rocket leaves and some cherry tomatoes. Was an absolute winner!

trader125, Nov 26, 8:16am
roast pumpkin & blue cheese salad
roast pumpkin cubes
scatter over a bag of baby spinach leaves
then toasted walnuts
than scatter chopped up creamy blue cheese
drizzel honey mustard mayo over top
so easy & yummy

joker13, Nov 26, 7:01pm
The Julie Le Clerc one rocks, get your pumpkin cubed, slow roasted and you can't go wrong

mackenzie2, Nov 27, 2:37am
I cook either cubed pumpkin or golden kumera in sundried tomato oil until it is softened and browned, I then let it cool and then platter it, I then sprinkle on top cubed feta cheese, roasted pumpkin seeds and either sundried tomatos or roasted strips of pepper, Makes it own sauce, NEVER ever have any left when I make this.

macwood2, Nov 27, 8:34am
joker13 can you post the Julie Le Clerc recipe please.TIA.

bev00, Nov 26, 11:53am
Mmmmmmmm .