Annabel-langbein

Page 2 / 3
pisces1, Nov 5, 1:52am
I tried to buy it with the Whitcoulls voucher,they told me because it was slightly discounted($4) I couldn't use the voucher.

dreamers, Nov 5, 4:39am
Was told the same

neville26, Nov 5, 8:23am
I went to buy it at our local Whitcoulls to take advantage of the 50% off but they had sold out. It appears every 2nd person was coming in asking for it!! Salesperson was quite abrupt to the lady in front of me when she asked if they had the book!!

lindylambchops1, Nov 5, 8:56am
Write & complain to Whitcoulls all of you!!!!50% off was just to lure you there & then for them not to give you the 50% off quite disgusts me.Saying it is already discounted by $4.00 pfffft!!!!Go on complain!Good Luck!

katalin2, Nov 5, 8:58am
Well I rang up to see if they had any so I could use my 50% coupon- they had plenty, but had reduced it to $54.95 so it was already on special and apparently it was not possible to use the coupon- I asked if it could be used on the full price- ie bring it down to $30- the answer was a definite no. Not impressed- normally I would have asked to speak to the manager but no energy left for it as busy packing up to move in 2 weeks. Anyone else had the same experience? Not impressed Whitcoulls Christchurch!

lindylambchops1, Nov 5, 8:58am
Tell them to keep the $4.00!You want 50% off the full price!It is worth a try!

4mywants, Nov 5, 8:13pm
I went to whitcoulls pakuranga, lured by the 50% off also..no discount as book already discounted apparantly....woo hoo!
bought it anyway...this was about 2 months ago.Apparantly it is now out of print till xmas...very hard to find in auckland anyway.

dreamers, Nov 5, 8:36pm
there were boxes of them in Newmarket yesterday.

rainrain1, Nov 5, 9:11pm
Thanks for the ideas re lemon curd...I like the yogurt one

katalin2, Nov 5, 10:21pm
I did- apparently not possible. Was highly cheesed off as it doesn't seem right.

southerngurl, Nov 5, 10:58pm
And that is why I don't buy books from whitcoulls.. warehouse, or P +p get all my book money

sandra25, Nov 5, 10:58pm
The reprint was delivered to bookshops on Thursday, so they should be in bookshops now....until they sell out again!

greerg, Nov 5, 11:10pm
Found four books I wanted as gifts in Whitcoulss including A. L. and they were all discounted a little so couldn't use coupons.A quick check suggested that nearly all new releases were in this category.I have bought miles of books with those coupons (print off several copies, give some to husband and do two or three Whitcoulls shops in a weekend) in the past but they have been earlier in past years and have included new releases.Will be buying Christmas books elsewhere.

bluecalico, Nov 6, 2:18am
I think you can buy it off her website for $50...not sure of postage though. Dirty deal by Whitcoulls....I would have thought better to sell out of their supply than be left with them after Christmas.

mamameow, Nov 6, 4:22am
Yes I was very disappointed with whitcoulls as well,was going to get several books but came away with nothing. Very misleading.

rosathemad, Nov 6, 4:48am
bluecalico, I think it's more that the book is so new and so popular that lots of people will buy it regardless, and by the time you're in the store because you're already planning to spend money you're likely to either pay the extra or buy something else to make up for it. It is very sneaky, though; I just went to see if they had anything I wanted as I love my cookbooks, and they had hardly any of the normal stock - as an example, the latest Nigella Lawson and Donna Hay books are excluded, and no other Nigella on the shelves at all! Very annoying - but they do make the disclaimer on the coupon so they can get away with it. Grr.

greerg, Nov 6, 7:31am
Fishpond have it for $44.95 and free postage this weekend.

unknowndisorder, Nov 6, 7:52pm
mightyape has it for $45.99
They also will have the dvd set for $27.99 (1 Dec release)
fishpond for $44.99
ziwi for $44.95
all .co.nz

jamtart29, Nov 7, 3:03am
So peeved off with Whitcoulls. Travelled 30km to buy AL only and ended up at checkout with 5 other things. Because they refused to honour the 50% off voucher we left without spending over $150.00. Shame on you Whitcoulls. Thank you to the above poster for mentioning Fishpond - having never shopped online with them before, I will from now on plus free shipping this week.
Manager at whitcoulls had said that they were honouring 50% off earlier in their sale, but AL has her own publishing company and told them that if they discounted it they will pull the contract. So how come Fishpond can sell it cheaper then!

hawthorn11, Nov 7, 4:19am
Hi Rainrain
Lemon Curd freezes well. I put it in small containers, so I can defrost it to use if I'm making a desert or as another poster said it's great on toast.

eastie3, Nov 7, 4:46am
So she's not only a wicked cook but also has a shrewd business brain,interesting that this is the background to the above posts.

greerg, Nov 7, 8:00am
Most recent releases and recent best sellers were not included.Not sure that Whitcoulls were really contacted by all their publishing companies and told not to discount.They lost a lot of sales over that and I know a number of people bought via Fishpond instead/

lyl_guy, Nov 7, 9:31am
Yep, just waiting for my copy in the post!Hopefully it'll arrive tomorrow morning.

juliewn, Nov 7, 10:33am
Hi.. it makes a great filling for lemon meringue pie, or little lemon tarts using short pastry..

fay, Sep 10, 8:09pm
what book are we talking about please?

Fay