Annabel-langbein

Page 1 / 3
us4qbl, Oct 30, 10:25pm
help... does anyone have the recipe from annabel's new book for cream puffs?? THANK !!!!

gardie, Oct 30, 11:36pm
Just use the edmonds recipe - its pretty much the same and turns out well each time.Just remember to cook the mix for 1-2 mins once the flour is added so the flour cooks out a little.If you don't do this, they do not turn out as well.It looked impressive last night eh?Must try that next time - like the sound of lemon butter swirled through the whipped cream too.

245sam, Oct 30, 11:46pm
us4qbl, Annabel's recipe for her Strawberry Lemon Puff dessert can be found at:-

http://tvnz.co.nz/free-range-cook/strawberry-lemon-puff-3852495

alebix, Oct 31, 5:19am
its a basic choux pastry recipe. any eclairs or creampuff recipes are going to work the same.

darlingmole, Oct 31, 7:02am
x1
Did anyone catch her flat bread recipe from last nights show please?(that woman is so lovely and her recipes are even lovelier!)

darlingmole, Oct 31, 7:05am
OH~! and also the recipe for smoking the salmon ... with tea leaves in the bottom of the lined wok, I would honestly appreciate it x

rainrain1, Oct 31, 7:15am
Why not buy her book....!!!

245sam, Oct 31, 7:17am

us4qbl, Nov 1, 9:04am
Thanks !! She is an amazing cook !! Will buy her book next time i am at a book shop !! :D Happy Cooking everyone

greerg, Nov 1, 7:24pm
It is a lovely book.I received it for my birthday last month and have already made several things.I wish I had access to the beautiful stonefruit she uses.We used to live near Loburn many years ago and be able to buy impossibly juicy tree-ripened peaches, etc. every day or two.Hardly a stone-fruit place there now and the supermarket produce isjust not the same.

prendy1, Nov 2, 6:11am
Just had her tea-smoked salmon with green veges for dinner. It was eay enough for my 7 year old to make and both dishes were amazing! I have the book, and honestly didn't even look at it until i saw her make the meals on t.v. I've also tried the bread and lavosh crackers which are also great. To be fair, most of her recipes are not original, but it's always good to be reminded of some old favourites or just prompted to try something a bit different.

seniorbones, Nov 2, 8:02am
The lemon swirled through the cream is delicous on pavs too, although I usually spread the lemon over the pav and then top with cream, but would be nice annabells way. Duck is beautiful tea smoked too.

korbo, Nov 2, 5:43pm
x1
does anyone have her latest book. Is it worth paying the $$ for.
I got a voucher for whitcoulls in the post, for 50% off, wondering whether to buy or not.

kob, Nov 2, 5:54pm
oh i would especially at 50% off. Think of all the lovely things you could make OR ou could check it out at the library and photo copy the pages of interest

sumstyle, Nov 2, 5:54pm
Oooo korbo - that would make it only $30 and definitely a bargain.I am on the waiting list at the library for it but there are 150 people before me!

I would love a 50% voucher and then I would go buy it for sure.

greerg, Nov 2, 7:02pm
Yes - I would definitely go for it at that price - nice gift to self for the weekend.

motorbo, Nov 2, 7:23pm
i have been a fan of hers for years, i dont have her current cookbook but i own about 5 of them, and out of all the cookbooks i buy its her recipes i actually have made, many of the others sit and collect dust, so go buy it if you like her you will use it for years to come

darlingmole, Nov 2, 7:47pm
sadly it's a matter of not having a spare 50 bucks rainrain:-(

however it's my birthday this month and have dropped HEAVY hints to hubby every Saturday night how much I love her cooking, would like to cook like her gorgeous food "if only I had her recipes on hand ..." *sighs dreamily*~! haha!

gilligee, Nov 2, 11:51pm
Darlingmole,
I think you have to be a bit more obvious than that!

rainrain1, Nov 3, 12:43am
Save up them dollars Darlingmole

maynard9, Nov 4, 7:46pm
I bought the book yesterday to put away as one of my Xmas pressies.
What a beautiful book.The photography and presentation is exceptional.Makes one want to move to Central Otago.
I have all her books.Enjoy her simplicity and the additional examples of how to use that particular recipe.
I don't think I will last until Xmas tho for some of the recipes.I can see myself sneaking it out - albeit momentarily.

rainrain1, Nov 4, 9:06pm
Yes it's a lovely book...I bought 3 copies...2 for gifts and 1 for myself.Not complaining but.....throughout the book you often have to make 1 recipe in order to be able to make the other, so you have to be organized.Any ideas what I can make with left over lemon curd?

dbab, Nov 4, 9:24pm
It's a beautiful book to just browse through.
You can use the lemon curd on toast, or it's particularly nice on crumpets.

elliehen, Nov 4, 10:47pm
+ Stir it through Greek yoghurt.

+ Make Alison Holst's Lemon Muffins (she says it's her all-time favourite recipe) and then split them while warm and fill with lemon curd...and eat :)

bedazzledjewels, Nov 5, 1:31am
Make waffles and serve with lemon curd & whipped cream!