EDMONDS AFGHANS RECIPE

delihank, Oct 6, 9:30pm
HI HAS ANYONE GOT AFGHAN RECIPE FROM EDMONDS COOK BOOK-FOR THE LIFE OF ME I CANT FIND MINE...OR ANY OTHER AFGHAN RECIPE THAT WOULD BE GREAT

buckyboy, Oct 6, 9:43pm
x1
googleis your friend.

delihank, Oct 6, 9:55pm
GREAT THANKS

chevycoupe, Oct 6, 10:42pm
x4
200g softened butter,1/2 cup sugar,1 1/4 cups standard flour,1/4 cup cocoa,2 cups cornflakes. Oven to 180,cream butter & sugar sift flour and cocoa,stir in creamed mix, fold in cornflakes,spoon on to greased tray, bake 15 mins when cold ,Ice.Edmonds Classic,pg 22.Enjoy

shop-a-holic, Oct 7, 4:05am
Alternatively, substitute Cornflakes for crushed up WeetBix. Instead of calling them Afghans, I call them Talibans. They MELT on your tongue. Do try them!

tilly00, Oct 7, 4:10am
x1
I dont normally post in threads, but shop-a-holic that post is the funniest thing I've read in a long time . . . . well done, thats a classic.

googie3, Jan 2, 8:41pm
hi there has anyone got a simple recipe for afghans thanks.

valentino, Jan 2, 9:39pm
x1
This is my Favourite...

Afghans.

150 grams unsalted butter softened, (can use normal butter),
1/3 cup lightly packed soft brown sugar,
1 egg lightly beaten,
1 teaspoon vanilla essence,
1 cup plain flour,
2 tablespoons cocoa powder,
1 / 3 cup desiccated coconut,
1 1/2 cups lightly crushed cornflakes and
1 / 2 cup dark chocolate bits or Choc Icing for the topping.

Preheat oven 180c, using electric beaters, cream butter & sugar in a large mixing bowl until light and fluffy.
Add the beaten egg & vanilla essence & beat well.
Sift flour and cocoa together and add to the mixture plus coconut & cornflakes.
Stir with a metal spoon until all the ingredients are just combined.
Put level tablespoons of mixture on baking trays allowing room for spreading.
Bake for 20 minutes or until lightly browned, remove from oven but leave on tray to cool completely.

Topping;
Place the choc bits in a small heatproof bowl.
Bring a saucepan of water to the boil, then remove the saucepan from the heat.
Sit the bowl of choc bits over the saucepan, making sure the base of the bowl does not sit in the water.
Stir until the choc has melted and is smooth then spread over the top of each biscuit thickly and allow to set.
One can if they wish to add a nut in the middle of choc, this is optional.

Or a Chocolate icing made as Follows:-
2 Cups Icing Sugar and 1 tablespoon Cocoa sifted together into bowl, add ¼ teaspoon softened butter and a few drops of vanilla essence plus 2 tablespoons of water…
Mix together adding more water if required

elliehen, Jan 2, 9:56pm
Brilliant!Talibans they shall be from now on.

delihank, Oct 6, 9:30pm
HI HAS ANYONE GOT AFGHAN RECIPE FROM EDMONDS COOK BOOK-FOR THE LIFE OF ME I CANT FIND MINE.OR ANY OTHER AFGHAN RECIPE THAT WOULD BE GREAT

tilly00, Oct 7, 4:10am
I dont normally post in threads, but shop-a-holic that post is the funniest thing I've read in a long time . . . . well done, thats a classic.